Windows 10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Installed in yesterday on my main PC as i know it can be rolled back within the month, i found after the initial install it was very stuttery and slow but that might be just the initial install/updating going in the background, will give it a week if that stays the same i shall mostly be rolling it back to win 7 pro and leaving it be ;-)

So there is an option to go back to Win 7 then? Is that a time limited option (you say a month)?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have just found out my Epson scanner won't work it is an all-in-one, printer works OK, so I thought I would go back to windows 7 this came up I HATE MS AND BLOODY WINDOWS 10 :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

WD.jpg

NOT BY ME :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: NOW I'M STUCK WITH IT :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Installed in yesterday on my main PC as i know it can be rolled back within the month, i found after the initial install it was very stuttery and slow but that might be just the initial install/updating going in the background, will give it a week if that stays the same i shall mostly be rolling it back to win 7 pro and leaving it be ;-)
Mine was a bit like that to begin with but it settled down after a few days.

I have just found out my Epson scanner won't work it is an all-in-one, printer works OK, so I thought I would go back to windows 7 this came up I HATE MS AND BLOODY WINDOWS 10 :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

View attachment 99275

NOT BY ME :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: NOW I'M STUCK WITH IT :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Check to see if you have a windows.old folder.

If so you should also have a system restore point that should be accessible

Also, stick your product details in this

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportWindows10.jsp?UseCookie=yes

Epson will tell you if it's compatible, and should have updated drivers if so.

andyfraser

Über Member

I forgot to check mine so just looked it up. Mine is compatible but if the worst came to the worst it supports Google Cloud Print and can scan to Dropbox and Google Drive so I'm not too worried.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Thanks for that, but my printer/scanner is not listed yet is in only 5 years old, but I suppose that is old in computer terms. I have a phone number at Epson UK on Monday to see if they can help.

I had a look at “system restore”, but it is not on windows 10,well I can't find it all there is the recovery and tha's not working, I think my best bet is to buy a copy of windows 7 and start again.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Be careful out there

IMG_20150807_212434412.jpg

Thanks for that, but my printer/scanner is not listed yet is in only 5 years old, but I suppose that is old in computer terms. I have a phone number at Epson UK on Monday to see if they can help.

I had a look at “system restore”, but it is not on windows 10,well I can't find it all there is the recovery and tha's not working, I think my best bet is to buy a copy of windows 7 and start again.

If you hit windows key and start typing

System Restore

It will come up with "Create a system restore point", you can click that. it opens the part of control panel where you can go to "System Restore"

raleighnut

Legendary Member

You've got a month from installing 10 to roll back to 7. I managed it so it can't be that difficult to do.

Davidc

Guru
I rolled the awful thing back, and it had wrecked my original set-up for many of my programmes, put locked symbols on all the desktop icons, and done several other nasties.

I've rarely* been so pleased I'd taken a disk image with Acronis TI before I started something. All restored and working again on Windows 7. I see that Windows 7 gets security support until January 2020, by which time this laptop will probably have worn out anyway.

The other one has Linux on it, and if MS haven't sorted out something better than Win10 that's the way I'll go for the future.

* Last time before today was when a horrible noise came from the computer when the hard drive head decided to remove the coating from one of the platters...

Top Bottom