Windows 10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Nothing has happened on my laptop yet. I'm quite disappointed.

RitchieJoe

This is being posted on Windows 10. Everything seems to work ok, anyone else jumped in?

I'm liking it so far, the layout is a little different but nothing that can't be adjusted to in 30 mins or so. If I end up not liking it I will just Nuke my hard drive and install a fresh copy of windows 7. Going to try the microsoft edge browser now, see how it compares to chrome (which has massive memory leaks for me atm)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm liking it so far, the layout is a little different but nothing that can't be adjusted to in 30 mins or so. If I end up not liking it I will just Nuke my hard drive and install a fresh copy of windows 7. Going to try the microsoft edge browser now, see how it compares to chrome (which has massive memory leaks for me atm)
Apparently you have thirty days to roll it back to 7 or 8 if you don't like it.

I'll probably run it in a virtual machine first for a play before I commit the laptop.
I definitely want to see how it behaves with older hardware - I believe there's a compatibility checker.

I won't let it on the company PCs until I'm well convinced.

Davidc

Guru
Easier, and cheaper, install Linux Mint.
That makes sense, 'though I'd recommend Ubuntu.

Why would anyone buy a Mac? That's a downgrade from Windows 3.11!

One of my machines (both laptops) has dual boot Ubuntu and Win 7, and the other is Win 7, I'll upgrade the Win 7 only one when invited to. Anyone know if Win 10 will run on a dual boot Linux machine?

Alex H

Legendary Member
That makes sense, 'though I'd recommend Ubuntu.

Why would anyone buy a Mac? That's a downgrade from Windows 3.11!

One of my machines (both laptops) has dual boot Ubuntu and Win 7, and the other is Win 7, I'll upgrade the Win 7 only one when invited to. Anyone know if Win 10 will run on a dual boot Linux machine?

Possibly not (I haven't read it - I have no intention of 'upgrading' from 7)

http://www.techradar.com/news/softw...trouble-for-linux-lovers-dual-booters-1289096

Top Bottom