Windy today... who's going out riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
After yesterdy's rain I can't wait to get out but it's blowing a hoolie. Might get the family to drop me in Blackpool then let the wind blow me home....

Brandane

Legendary Member
That's my tactics normally. Cycle with the wind, and let the train take the strain against the wind. I am fortunate in that I live 200 yards from a station!

Gotta go out today! Have got 26.1 miles that I've got to cover to reach my target that I set back in September (1500 miles before Christmas). Won't be able to get out tomorrow so today is the day!!! Unfortunately gotta be a circular route so will be flying one way, grinding back!
Have fun!
Russ

mattobrien

Guru
Have got a bit of a cough and cold so only planning 22 miles today. It will be a circular route there there will be enough time spent in the wind.

Wind is the closest we get to hill training here in Suffolk.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How annoying is it when you do the hard work heading towards the wind, looking forward to it behind you on your return home, then it changes directions?!:ohmy:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I'm riding. I love having a tailwind on the way home. I can take my time in a headwind as well. I might be able to average 23mph on the way back, reaching 30mph at numerous places with the power of the wind.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've recently returned to cycling after many years so have never ridden in a strong wind that I can remember.

I grasp the difficulty of riding into a headwind, but are there any hazards with riding in windy conditions generally?

Top Bottom