Windy today... who's going out riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
don`t really know the area, but i do love a good hill climb..

I just struggle a wee bit because am a bit of bigger guy, in the summer there i managed to get the weight down to 14 and a half stone and that helped improve my hill climb times, went on the scales on friday and i`ve put a stone back on so after the new year i`ll be back on it....

Am lucky that i have sheriffmuir right on my doorstep, a great place for climbs
Hills are the best. You get to pan your hoop in on the way up and sail down the other side like Cancellara. Or at least you think you are going down like Cancellara. :whistle:

I have a few guys in my club that are between 9 and 10 stone!! Little bloody whippets on the way up. Really have to work hard to keep up. I am just under 12 stone, 5'11" and not much in the way of body fat. But in terms of power to weight ratio this means i have to put out a lot more watts in order to keep up with the skinny little f*ckers. Extremely difficult but i am a stubborn bugger. :laugh:

Went out this morning and did 28 miles. Strong wind ( 23mph I believe). I will not achieve my target this year but it doesn't matter, start again next year.
Have been really focused on my target this year but actually I've come to the realisation that actually, I've had so much fun on the way and seen so many beautiful sights that the target means bugger all...Am going to set one for next year though as I'm a sod for copping out...a target makes me get my behind on the saddle! Good luck for next year!

Pennine-Paul

Goth on a bike............
A cheeky little 30 miler up to Hebden Bridge with Bromptonfb then an utter slog up Cragg Vale
the wind was howling like a beast in torment,what normally takes 22-25 mins took nearly 45 mins,
almost down to walking speed at times, absolutely goosed by the time we reached the top,
had to call in at the pub at the top for a rest :cheers:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A cheeky little 30 miler up to Hebden Bridge with Bromptonfb then an utter slog up Cragg Vale
the wind was howling like a beast in torment,what normally takes 22-25 mins took nearly 45 mins,
almost down to walking speed at times, absolutely goosed by the time we reached the top,
had to call in at the pub at the top for a rest :cheers:
Ha ha - been there, grovelled that! My worst ever headwind ride up there took just over an hour and almost killed me. Even with a pulmonary embolism, without the wind I managed it faster than that ...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Quick 35 over owd betts. Blowy but not too bad- just lovely to get out in the dry!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have a few guys in my club that are between 9 and 10 stone!! Little bloody whippets on the way up. Really have to work hard to keep up. I am just under 12 stone, 5'11" and not much in the way of body fat. But in terms of power to weight ratio this means i have to put out a lot more watts in order to keep up with the skinny little f*ckers. Extremely difficult but i am a stubborn bugger. :laugh:
I am 8st 11lbs, where am I in your books?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
At least the roads were clean and salt-free today after the thorough washing they've received.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Mark Cavendish@MarkCavendish
Just got back from training & it's so windy, there were times I was pressing on & doing just 17kph on the flat. #isleofman #windyasf***

The wind defeats the best of us ^_^
Makes me feel better about our ride today, one 5 mile lap we averaged 23kph (14.4mph) and then 37.7kph (22.8mph) with the wind behind us.

Crosstrailer

First ride this month for me today, very strong winds especially on the river but had the wind in our face on the way out and at our backs on the return so cant complain

D

Deleted member 1258

53 miles this morning, flying with the tail wind and crawling into the head wind, my cold has started to clear now but I'm still well down in all areas.

Top Bottom