Winter cycling is a recipe for hypothermia, frostbite, and pneumonia.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Sounds like the OP doesn't like riding in the winter and is trying to convince himself that he is being sensible and avoiding certain death. Each to their own I say. My mate stops riding in winter and takes to the turbo. I continue riding but shorten my routes and avoiding days when there's likely to be ice.

suzeworld

Veteran
I see what you did there :tongue:
It's a forum in-joke Octet - when someone posts something and no one responds, then a while later someone else posts the same thing and gets lots of attention the first poster can claim TMNs. I once got 3 TMNs in the same day. And is probably about to again.
Please tell me what the letters stand for! The suspense is killing me.

As for cycling in the winter, I am very nervous about falling off, so avoid actual freezing conditions, but love to wrap up well and go out after the temperature rises a bit. We had some lovely snow covered scenery round here last year.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Please tell me what the letters stand for! The suspense is killing me.

As for cycling in the winter, I am very nervous about falling off, so avoid actual freezing conditions, but love to wrap up well and go out after the temperature rises a bit. We had some lovely snow covered scenery round here last year.
It stands for User13710. From what I remember there was a thread where we conspired to add to the list of cycling acronyms. She proposed it because it kept on happening to her; she'd write something and then another poster would come along and say the same thing.

Top Bottom