Winter Glove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enw.nigel

I know the weather forecast says that it's getting warmer next week but I'm preparing for the depths of winter when it's dark and cold. I have 2/3 pairs of winter gloves but I found none of them kept my fingers from freezing when the temp. dropped below freezing.
Has anyone experience of the Dhb Extreme Winter glove that is now available on Wiggle. Looks the job to me but I don't want to make the purchase to find that it's not up to the job come December/January/February when the temp. drops to freezing.
Any recommendations from CCers of other gloves I could look at?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A word of caution, what some folk find too warm, others freeze in them. I find my Altura Night Visions way to warm in anything other than sub zero. Others find them cold !

Bayerd

Über Member
I guess it depends on how long you plan to spend out in the sub zero. I've found that Adli's gloves are fine for me down to about -10, but I'm only out for about 3/4 hour max.

gbb

Legendary Member
As Fossy says, one mans toastie is another mans numb fingers.
I don't think some people realise how some of us are badly affected by the cold...my fingers are numb after 1/2 hour, i could cry after 1 hour. I think its just the individual although your build may have something to do with it. I'm slim (very) on top and have very slim arms...nothing to keep the blood warm.

Tried Chiba winter gloves, cost around £30..useless.
Trek winter gloves, cost around the same, maybe more, useless.
Aldi gloves...useless.
They're just the ones i can remember...
Tried all those with silk gloves inside, useless.
Tried them with silk gloves, then nitrile gloves on top, then the winter gloves on top again, useless. (i always buy my gloves extra large to get layers underneath)

Got some motorcycling lobster mits to try this winter, pinning some hope on them.

I just have no defence against the cold, i freakin hate the winter.

OP
OP
Enw.nigel

Enw.nigel

Thanks Snorri but I have the Aldi/Lidl gloves and they were not much good. In the winter I am out for up to 2 hours and as gbb says my fingers start to feel the cold after 30 mins. I've had to cut rides short because of this.
Looks like I'll give the Dhb extreme winter glove a crack and see how I get on. If these don't work out I'll try my skiing gloves.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
As Fossy says, one mans toastie is another mans numb fingers.
I don't think some people realise how some of us are badly affected by the cold...my fingers are numb after 1/2 hour, i could cry after 1 hour. I think its just the individual although your build may have something to do with it. I'm slim (very) on top and have very slim arms...nothing to keep the blood warm.

Tried Chiba winter gloves, cost around £30..useless.
Trek winter gloves, cost around the same, maybe more, useless.
Aldi gloves...useless.
They're just the ones i can remember...
Tried all those with silk gloves inside, useless.
Tried them with silk gloves, then nitrile gloves on top, then the winter gloves on top again, useless. (i always buy my gloves extra large to get layers underneath)

Got some motorcycling lobster mits to try this winter, pinning some hope on them.

I just have no defence against the cold, i freakin hate the winter.

Yeah i think I'm similar to you Gbb... cold hands warm heart :tongue: apparently it means we can make excellent pastry

I've toyed with the idea of heated gloves, anybody tried them?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

They might work.. it was always my pinky and ring finger which got cold first so keeping them together makes sense.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Only ski gloves work for me when it's really cold and, even then, it can still be very painful.
I've also worked on keeping my arms well insulated on the basis that it'll help the circulation stay as warm as possible.
I also make sure that I'm not constricting the blood flow to either hands or feet.

Top Bottom