Winter training... what are you doing this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Yep Bhima won, Steve Hulme was second. It was the other way around the year before so I presume he was happy with the result. He lives on the course so does have a slight advantage.

Is Bhima the guy with the ponytail who used to ride around with bananas taped to his top tube..??

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
He exists and he is a top guy! Can't fault him as a person in any way!

(BTW, he is also a good rider, 3x top 5 finishes in open Hill climbs this HC season, Snake Pass, Long Hill and Cat and Fiddle, plus top 10's on Cragg Vale and Mow Cop and I think around a top 1/3 of the field finish in the National HC)

Last edited:

Buzzinonbikes

I'm just looking forward to getting out there and putting the miles in. Work trips away are looking scarce until March so hopefully getting on it big time!

I was doing a long events last year Tour of Flanders, Marmotte etc and got plenty of mileage in last winter, IIRC only one week was lost to bad weather during that I did some work on the rollers. Im not doing the long version of the ToF this year but I plan to cycle on road as long as I can rather than the mind numbing rollers.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
this year i'm using the virgin active membership to supplement my training - hopefully i can come out of this winter with some good base fitness, weightloss and some huge better legs

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yup that's the missing link...

:tongue:
thanks for that rob, but i don't need to wish for them - as an ex sprinter up until late teens/early adulthood , my legs are pretty good. Just wish it would transfer to the bike better

Top Bottom