Winter training... what are you doing this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
What did you do last year? Did it work?
Banging out high mileage over Christmas or sticking to the turbo?
Summer bike been put in the loft and replaced by the steel steed yet?
Tuesday and Thursday evenings, hard (ish) hour long rides on the cross bike over the farm tracks and back lanes, Sunday is road bike and usually 2-3 hours depending on how cold or wet it is. I used to go down to the open air velodrome in Reading two evenings a week but it does not open until 8.15 pm which makes it a very late night, plus the fact that going round and round in circles for a full hour is only slightly less mind numbing than using the rollers.

VamP

Banned
I was taking the **** if you didn't realise. However re. Press ups, one set of 8. Arms still hurt, lol.

No I did. I was too.

Edit: However 8 is pathetic :laugh: you can tell you're an endurance athlete

Last edited:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No I did. I was too.

Edit: However 8 is pathetic :laugh: you can tell you're an endurance athlete

Yup, no upper body strength, as would be expected if you saw my arms! hah

(My back hurts on steep hill climbs hence doing a bit of core work)

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yup, no upper body strength, as would be expected if you saw my arms! hah

(My back hurts on steep hill climbs hence doing a bit of core work)
Get yourself one of these ...

chin-up-station-25-pull-up.jpg

(The chip/dip station, before any cavemen suggest otherwise!)

I have one downstairs and am probably just about well enough to start using it again. My arms and core always give way before my legs when I do a lot of climbing so they could do with some extra work.

Last year was my first year at Uni so I didn't touch a bike, or do any form of exercise, from the middle of september until march.

So this year I have bought my self some rollers and am aiming to do at least 4 sessions a week to try and maintain some sort of fitness. Im going mountain hunting in Almeria in March so this has given me the motivation to actually make use of the winter months.

Top Bottom