Winter, Winter, Winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Buying Winter kit is my version of OCD. I also ride motorbikes in Winter and so I really do have bag loads of the most effective Winter gear you can buy. I really dont need more. But then there is always that extra polar Buff I might need (I have 4 new ones in the bag with labels still on from last year). Or a new beanie, one is on the way from Cycology in Australia. I just cant help myself.

Thank God you do as well, I thought it was just me.

However since cycling and not riding much my motorcycle gear has been hardly used.

It's not the cold i am bothered about it's the damp roads with all the spilled fuel which rises to the surface in the winter.

I came a cropper in early december a couple of years ago on this type of surface when i turned into a junction at no speed and the bike just went under me, although wearing tights i still had the skin taken off my thigh and my rear derailleur wrecked.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It is hardly hard work avoiding threads that you find irritating and don't wish to comment on, the clues are in the title.

D

Deleted member 1258

It may not be winter meteorological terms, but it's definitely winter in cycling terms. I know this as my clubmates have all put their nice bikes away.

It'll be the end of the month before the geared bike goes away and the fixed is used for Sunday rides as well as commuting. I'm already getting ready for winter though, lights are sorted, the Aldi winter jackets I've been using for most of the last ten years have been replaced with a couple of nice Altura jerseys and I'm thinking that my trusty winter tights are due for retirement, I've been using them almost as long as the Aldi jackets. Its not winter yet though, its still autumn, but isn't it Autumn whet the natural world starts preparing for winter.

Top Bottom