Winter, Winter, Winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
:sad:

Whilst I do understand where you're coming from Steve, I would imagine that there aren't that many cycling related topics that haven't already been covered on the forum somewhere. The new threads are needed to keep the forum alive, even if they are just covering ground that's been gone over many many times before.

In that case i might start a Do You Wear High Viz and Helmets when Winter Arrives? thread!:whistle:
What do you reckon?:okay:

puffinbilly

Veteran
In that case i might start a Do You Wear High Viz and Helmets when Winter Arrives? thread!:whistle:
What do you reckon?:okay:

What an appalling oversight - I'm sure you meant it to read.....
Do You Wear High Viz with what gloves and tyres and lights and Helmets when Winter Arrives?

Seems a circular argument - let's not have another winter thread by having a winter thread - think I might start another.......

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
So what tyres do I need for cycling in winter?
24153.JPG

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Over the past few weeks there have been lots and lots of posts about Winter.

It is not my intention to teach people to suck eggs, but if you use the search engine on this forum you will probably get the answer you are looking for.

Just type "Winter" and see what comes up. There is lots of information to do with everything related to Winter cycling.
Yebbut thats the nature of forums, if we only had one thread for each topic there'd only be a dozen on the board and what else would saddos like me have to do at 3am in the grip of insomnia ;)

You may think it is early but there has been so many posts about it recently.

It is about 10 degrees in Denmark at the moment. Within 3 weeks we will have frost.

If you dont start ordering your warm gear now, it will all be gone.

I am just topping up on mine.

It's still in the mid 20 c's here and will be for about another month. Short's and tshirt for Halloween. I haven't had to buy cold weather guy for 14 years. Just sayin.

:sun:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You may think it is early but there has been so many posts about it recently.

It is about 10 degrees in Denmark at the moment. Within 3 weeks we will have frost.

If you dont start ordering your warm gear now, it will all be gone.

I am just topping up on mine.
Must confess I brought some of my UK winter kit out to cph on Sunday. Full finger gloves, a buff, a thermal jacket, &c.. that sort of thing because, of a morning, and if working late, it can be a bit nippy in these parts.

Dunno if I am going to get a Scandi winter or not, and if I do it will most likely be taken in sthlm rather than cph, at my choice, so as get the "proper" Nordic winter experience. If it is sthlm I'm not sure how much cycling I'll be doing.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
:sad:

Whilst I do understand where you're coming from Steve, I would imagine that there aren't that many cycling related topics that haven't already been covered on the forum somewhere. The new threads are needed to keep the forum alive, even if they are just covering ground that's been gone over many many times before.
Also seeing a thread come up entitled winter sets other people thinking about it, and there is always some new gear that's worth adding to the collection (just think how many lights I might not have if it wasn't for the reoccurring lights threads each year:laugh:). So I agree it is useful to have the same threads each year.... Part of the cycle of cycling:whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

Can you either post a picture or pm me a picture of the Aldi winter jackets you are talking about please because I am looking for winter clothing for my little girl (gloves, hats and scarf as well as jackets).

Any advice on good winter jackets for 9yr old little girls would be very much appreciated ;-).

You need to check the Aldi wesite to see whats on offer, as I said in my post I'd had my Aldi jackets for the best part of 10 years.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/

I replaced them with a pair of these.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/altura/airstream-long-sleeve-jersey-ec052689

They are nice but need to be used as part of a layering sysem.

Top Bottom