Woman cyclist gets her own back ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
Yes happens to me and I'm not attractive just in shape. Guys who think they are hilarious trying to provoke a reaction. Worst bit is you can't get away so just have to sit there and take it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4692771, member: 45"]It would not have happened if she were a he.[/QUOTE]
Or would it? Maybe they were just exploiting a perceived weakness. If the guys were just out for some aggro, might they not have taken it out on a male cyclist but just used some other trait to bully him with, colour, dress, whatever?

This argument is of course predicated on the assumption that the video is genuine.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
[QUOTE 4692771, member: 45"]It would not have happened if she were a he.[/QUOTE]

I get where Twickers is coming from; it's obvious from the personal pronoun that the cyclist is a woman so saying so in the title is redundant.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Is this a true representation of what women have to put up with?
Never to me in 6 years of commuting, but I'm not a young, pretty girl.
Got my fair share of abuse from taxi drivers and wvmen, from some women too, to be fair.
Alas, nothing ever remotely resembling romanticism, well, once a British Gas van man howled something that I could not understand ...

now you can read that several ways (she' wouldn't have been treated that way if she wasn't a woman or the thread title wouldn't specify man if she was a man... :okay:...) but yes, I was being pedantic and it wasn't a dig... as for "if she were a he" that's got me humming Walk On The Wild Side.... doo doo doo doo doo do do do...

Lonestar

Veteran
What makes it appear fake... if it is its well done (you can normally spot the fake ones because the filming, especially the sound, is 'too good' if you know what I mean)

Why hasn't the motorbike fugged off?

The following biker arrives at the right moment, then follows more slowly than bikers tend to ride, finally catching up with the action to deliver the punchline. Too good to be true
There are loads of videos where the driver arrives at 'the right moment' - by definition we just don't see the millions where they don't... then he follows fairly slowly because he's just witnessed an incident and knows he has it on camera - at the end he appears to be looking for teh cyclist - perhaps to tell her he has evidence... that's probably how I'd behave in the same situation...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is the original footage somewhere, perhaps on the moped rider's youtube account, or does it only exist with a "viralthread" watermark?

Top Bottom