Woman cyclist gets her own back ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I used to work as a cycle courier in a busy city centre, often till late. I sometimes saw women having to put up with catcalling and unwanted attention. The video may have been fake, but I guess it's good if it draws attention to this.

See post 104. That's before any of the papers put out its a fake
That wasn't the piece of detective work you seem to feel it was. At that point it was either a fake video, or a genuine video that had been acquired or stolen by a viral marketing firm. There is nothing inherently suspicious about a video being shared by a marketing company.

Most viral videos end up in the hands of marketeers. That's how their creators get money from their popularity.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Plenty of BS from the media company contradicting their statements from the last couple of days. Damage limitation I suppose.
I used to work as a cycle courier in a busy city centre, often till late. I sometimes saw women having to put up with catcalling and unwanted attention. The video may have been fake, but I guess it's good if it draws attention to this.
It just means that real allegations of sexism are more likely to be accused of fakery.

FWIW, I don't automatically distrust everything I see, but I don't automatically trust it either. I certainly don't trust anything put out on facebook by a media company calling itself something like "viralthread" without asking a lot of questions. Especially as my BS detector was going off just watching the thing for the first time.

Jody

Stubborn git
That wasn't the piece of detective work you seem to feel it was. At that point it was either a fake video, or a genuine video that had been acquired or stolen by a viral marketing firm. There is nothing inherently suspicious about a video being shared by a marketing company.

Dress it however you wantbut it was fairly obvious that the video was fake before I looked into it.

Top Bottom