Woman cyclist gets her own back ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Does being fake make the careless driving (steering at the cyclist, jumping the red light stop line and overtaking through a junction) any less prosecutable, though? If it's staged, the Met should simply compel Jungle Creations to hand over the driver for a fine and 3 points, shouldn't they?

Siclo

Veteran
Just out of interest, do the women of CycleChat get this kind of negative attention often when out cycling? And has the situation improved over the years or is it no different now to when you first started cycling regularly?

Not a woman but IME WVM's passengers are very often not bright enough to make sure the intended recipient is of the desired sex before making lewd comments and slapping ar$e's, simply making the assumption that anyone with a long blonde ponytail must be worthy of their attention.

The next set of lights can be interesting.

Jody

Stubborn git
If it's staged, the Met should simply compel Jungle Creations to hand over the driver for a fine and 3 points, shouldn't they?

I'm more worried about what fake stories like this and news in general do to peoples perception of stereotypes. DM and other rags are full of hate for cyclists and some people swallow the bait.

People keep seeing the same trash banded about and then one day act on it because they hate....(insert sterotype or racial profile)

sheddy

Legendary Member
Sorry if its been mentioned, but I suspect that the altercation started earlier up the road, before the video started.
The incident (or abuse) was caused by the driver (or passenger) which has upset the girl. We don't know what happened.

The idiots have then decided to goad her further (which is when the video starts) by driving up close to continue their sick fun at the lights.
Justice was served...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sorry if its been mentioned, but I suspect that the altercation started earlier up the road, before the video started.
Read the thread. It seems to be fake.
I'm more worried about what fake stories like this and news in general do to peoples perception of stereotypes. DM and other rags are full of hate for cyclists and some people swallow the bait.
The problem is the DM, DEx, DS, Sun and maybe others. The fake news only exists because they form a market for it. Push for people to Stop Funding Hate and the market should wither.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The reverse also happens, i got chased and nearly knocked off twice the other week after someone nearly hit me the 1st time doing a u turn and decided to take exception when i shouted to warn them , i got called a gay lycra twat .
If someone percieves they are bigger / stronger ( ie macho bo^^cks) they think they can get away with it .

Jody

Stubborn git
Taken from the Sun as a "witness" described what he saw. Story posted at 1.04pm. Odd timing that!
EDIT: removed link to more Sun clickbait

“They practiced the scene two or three times with the motorbike riding behind them.

“You could see there was already damage to the wing mirror, it was loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If it's fake, she's pretty good at acting.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Well, I thought it was real (watching with no sound). But this thread outlines some very insightful points about monetising of the internet, clickbait etc. I'm glad that woman was an actress.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Why does the van stop a few yards up the road? Is it because the LH mirror is already damaged and the driver has stopped to check it? The driver's mate is certainly an idiot and did what he did because male bravado made him want to show off to the driver but for all we know the driver may have been a reasonable bloke with a decent job, entrusted with a valuable vehicle by his employer. Not all van drivers are cocks, some take their responsibilities seriously. Who can say they've never been embarrassed by the actions of an idiot? I stopped cycling with clubs because the aggression of a couple of members towards incompetent drivers embarrassed me.

Putting myself in the driver's shoes I'd have been embarrassed at my passenger's behaviour, concerned at the cyclists' first act of revenge against my vehicle then absolutely shocked when the second act of revenge took place. My first instinct would have been to examine the damage to the mirror, not take off after the cyclist.
Strange. My first instinct would have been to have shut the little gobshite in my passenger seat up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom