Woman cyclist gets her own back ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's odd that there's no sign of the original content anywhere on social media either, only the widespread syndicated news version.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why does the van stop a few yards up the road? Is it because the LH mirror is already damaged and the driver has stopped to check it?
Or is it because that's where their next job was?

I find it hard to believe that there are people who find it so hard to believe that women can be subjected to behaviour like this from random men that the only reasonable conclusion is that this must be fake.
So is the only reasonable conclusion that many of the people on cyclechat are fake? ;)

And there is no rural anger?
There is, but it tends not to last long because more people have guns. :eek: Speaking of which...

Apparently Tony Martin was just having a bad day.
That happened five or six villages over from me. Tony Martin was something between having a bad decade (burgled for the tenth time and getting little help from police - he lived near the borders of three constabularies at a time when they weren't collaborating well) and a gun-toting extreme-right fan with previous for shooting at intruders, depending who you believe, so who knows?

Johnno260

Veteran
Criminal damage on her part, but they deserved it, and to be honest if that was my company/van I wouldn't press charges as I would be more concerned with the driver/passengers behaviour.

I don't think the company would press charges, the negative blow back could be very damaging, the verbal and physical abuse is there, the driver is being very intimidating they way he has turned in to almost block her, disgusting behaviour.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't think the driver is trying to intimidate the cyclist - he realises he's not going to get past her before the junction so he steers the van left so as to be in the left hand lane at the lights, then straightens the steering. I guess the cyclist interprets that as a threat, I don't know. I'm not defending the men involved but I'm trying to make the point that the driver may have been a perfectly reasonable bloke and it was his passenger who started then escalated the dispute by his macho idiocy. Whatever the story, it wasn't staged.
Even if the driver did that for that reason, he's not "a perfectly reasonable bloke" because the combination of close-passing and overtaking though a junction is careless driving, discouraged by the highway code, and he should be done for that, too.

Bravo to the girl though I see some people suggest it might be a fake/setup. I didn't think it was that easy to pull a wing mirror off like that which also makes me question the authenticity.
I'm not sure: wing mirrors are quite robust against bending forwards/backwards, but not that great if things hit them from above. Deliberately hanging off the top of the mirror like in the video I think would give good force to lever off the top fixing bolt and then maybe crack the plastic around the lower one - is there a Transit driver here? :smile:

Jody

Stubborn git
Deliberately hanging off the top of the mirror like in the video I think would give good force to lever off the top fixing bolt and then maybe crack the plastic around the lower one - is there a Transit driver here? :smile:

I reckon it would snap at the hinge and not pull the full unit including backing plate from the door.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can tell the lady suddenly thinks about ripping the mirror off. She's not actively chasing them as she is freewheeling, but as she realises the van has stopped, the feet down and violent stop then immediate grab, and the shaky start certainly shows the adrenalin is pumping.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I reckon it would snap at the hinge and not pull the full unit including backing plate from the door.

The backing plates aren't that tough - it's a large plastic area - it probably left the bolts attached to the metal frame of the door, but ripped them out of the backing plate.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
She also appears to do quick exit the wrong way up a one-way street ... adrenaline pumping, getaway down the first street she gets to?

Top Bottom