Woman Who Stops Traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
I liked the business owner soo forward and his workforce came across like a wetblanket...

The cuntservative councillor - what a dick !

The rep from the local British Chambers of Commerce, who walked out..what another jerk...

AND...

1 of the mothers - I did spy a l.pool accent: no wonder she was so verbal in the school meeting :biggrin:

Come on Yergon, why do you feel the need to embellish all your posts with either foul and despicable language or complete, non-comprehensible gibberish? :wacko::smile::biggrin:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Aint Skeered said:
One interesting comment that kept coming up, was the motorists blaming the 'traffic' for the congestion. And as she pointed, out they where also traffic, and therefore also the problem.
Next week should be a good one with a very working class group to tackle.
They showed a clip with some old guy ranting on to her saying

"I've worked all my life to get that car*, and I am not going to be told what to do ,by some toffee nosed twit"

*Mug.

yenrod said:
I liked the business owner soo forward and his workforce came across like a wetblanket...

The cuntservative councillor - what a dick !

The rep from the local British Chambers of Commerce, who walked out..what another jerk...D

I fully agree, yenners!

The programme was interesting and entertaining. She'll struggle to get through to the 'twat, chav generation' like that old git, but if she and others like her, as well as parents, teachers, and (don't laugh) councillors/politicians can target school kids and youths to get on their bike (or just simply walk) then the revolution will start!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
tdr1nka said:
OH NO!
Rumbled being Laddish by Speicher!
Scuttles back to Tea? thread shamefacedly.

:biggrin:
Tx

*puts on pedantic hat*

Would you like to read your original post again. You described the bus as a "she", so you mistook a female for the back of a bus, why is that being laddish? ;)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Speicher said:
*puts on pedantic hat*

Would you like to read your original post again. You described the bus as a "she", so you mistook a female for the back of a bus, why is that being laddish? ;)

Theres a lot of people who refer to a vehicle in the feminine term.

As in 'she went like a rocket' :biggrin:

simonali

Guru
I live on a new "development" (new word for housing estate) in a smallish town and because of the influx of new residents coming to live in the town a new school was built on the "development". Across the road from the school is a little shopping parade with a small car park. This car park is jam-packed full of parents cars picking up the kids at 3pm, meaning a trip to the shops is a no-no at that time. Most of these parents can't live more than a 10 or 15 minute walk away from the school, yet choose to drive their Land Cruisers down there and block the roads.

No wonder all the UK's kids are turning into obese little couch potatoes!!

Shouldn't this be in Soapbox by now?

snorri

Legendary Member
Over The Hill said:
Traffic will sort itself out. You will take the car if it is easier, find another way if it is not. That is all that happens. When traffic gets too slow you will find another way to travel or change your lifestyle to cut out the travel.

Unfortunately that is not how it works, roads get choked up and drivers complain to their elected representatives who fear for their position if they fail to please the powerful motoring lobby, so more money gets paid out of the public funds to build bypasses, car parks, flyovers underpasses etc.
The country would be better off in many ways if our taxes were spent on projects to help more deserving causes than already heavily subsidised vehicle owners.

snorri

Legendary Member
simonali said:
In what way are they subsidised? Most of the taxes for these deserving causes you mention come from motorists, surely?
As a vehicle owner I do not receive a financial handout, but do not pay in vehicle related taxes the full costs to the nation of my motoring habit. Although this report
http://www.igreens.org.uk/great_road_transport_subsidy.htm
is quite old now, I have not seen the figures challenged, and as the cost of motoring is steadily falling in real terms, presumbly the "subsidy" to motorists is even greater now.

Top Bottom