Women in cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Oh I see, so we will just have to wait until you lot offer us equality on a plate will we ?
Why are you so worked up about this?

Shadowfax

Mate we only have three small bike shops in my city and they don't hold a lot of stock. I have to go 140 miles south for a shop with a decent range. If they can't stock the male bike I was after then there's not much hope in them concentrating on female supplies. I'm not even after a female specific shop, I'm after a shop that treats customers well! Shops run by monkeys don't improve just because you have a rant at them.
Soon to be 2 no doubt then 1 and zero that'll improve your choice.

sazzaa

Soon to be 2 no doubt then 1 and zero that'll improve your choice.
If a business starts to fail, then at least they might think about treating customers better. I'm lucky if I see one other female cyclist on my commute so can understand why they gear their business towards men.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think attitudes of LBS and the general public and the women themselves have to change. Maybe once and if we get more women cycling and not wanting the first bike that is presented to them, then the LBS will change theyre artitude towards women, and maybe then the general public will also change they're perception of women cyclists and not treat them like a minority.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My LBS has at least five women (that I can think of) working in it. I was in there Tuesday morning and both people behind the counter were women. Brixton Cycles.

Maybe you should be telling everyone the name of this LBS shop. Are there many like that though?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm following with interest :smile:
Before I bought my new bike I did some research. Went for a peruse in the new Evans store in Glasgow. One salesman was not very interested, guess he didn't think a middle aged woman would spend on a carbon fancy model.
Probably sussed me when I asked for a triple :rolleyes:
Even suggested an orange bike - orange the colour, not the MB make xx(
The other salesman was more helpful, problem was he thought a bike with gearing that suited his girlfriend would suit me.
Ended up buying in a privately owned shop, the son of the owner listened, did not have exactly what I wanted but modified the specs of another model in stock.
The experience was not nearly as stressful as dealing with builders.

Top Bottom