Women in cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shadowfax

Or tennis players paid by more sponsors for how they look.... Not quite the same thing.
The crux of the matter at last !!!!!!!! Well Done !!!!!!
I'm not totally convinced ,6 of one and half a dozen of the other perhaps, a bit of oppurtunism maybe ?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The crux of the matter at last !!!!!!!! Well Done !!!!!!
I'm not totally convinced ,6 of one and half a dozen of the other perhaps, a bit of oppurtunism maybe ?
I'd have thought the crux of the matter was whether King and Navratilova were the best female players of their sport for a generation, not whether they were the most marketable or the best paid. Maybe they weren't the best players but I'm at a loss to remember the names of their betters.

Shadowfax

I'd have thought the crux of the matter was whether King and Navratilova were the best female players of their sport for a generation, not whether they were the most marketable or the best paid. Maybe they weren't the best players but I'm at a loss to remember the names of their betters.
Well I think going by Grand Slam wins they were, and they were certainly paid more than Sabatini or Evert for instance.

Shadowfax

So if they are backward steps how much is self inflicted, by the way you can just see professional womens cycling going the same way its just a matter of time.

sazzaa

I had rubbish experiences in local bike shops when I was buying a bike. I knew exactly what I wanted (male cx) and was shown about ten bikes in total that I had no interest in. The attitude in some shops towards customers (not sure if it's just females) is awful, makes me wonder how they're still in business. Needless to say, I ended up buying online. But have since found a bike shop about 30 miles away which is good and the owner doesn't seem to talk differently to me because I'm female.

Shadowfax

I had rubbish experiences in local bike shops when I was buying a bike. I knew exactly what I wanted (male cx) and was shown about ten bikes in total that I had no interest in. The attitude in some shops towards customers (not sure if it's just females) is awful, makes me wonder how they're still in business. Needless to say, I ended up buying online. But have since found a bike shop about 30 miles away which is good and the owner doesn't seem to talk differently to me because I'm female.
Did you complain to the management or owner ?

sazzaa

Did you complain to the management or owner ?

Nope, I just walked out in the end. And bought myself a pretty bike through the power of the internet.

sazzaa

Then again maybe they didn't or maybe it was a women but she'll never Know, because.. SHE JUST ACCEPTED IT AND DID NOTHING ABOUT IT ?
I took my grand elsewhere, and I don't give them my business at all now. I also tell others to shop elsewhere. That's what I did about it.

sazzaa

You feel that is going to improve our 'lot' do you ?
Mate we only have three small bike shops in my city and they don't hold a lot of stock. I have to go 140 miles south for a shop with a decent range. If they can't stock the male bike I was after then there's not much hope in them concentrating on female supplies. I'm not even after a female specific shop, I'm after a shop that treats customers well! Shops run by monkeys don't improve just because you have a rant at them.

Top Bottom