Wooden workbench suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Going by the rapid response it would seem that nobody has any kind words to say about them ! :whistle:

sheddy

Legendary Member
I guess you get what you pay for.
Just be prepared to be disappointed and ready to change assembly & add extra bracing.

Many will be MDF.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

screenman

Legendary Member
Not a wood bench but these are so handy, we have bought some as presents and everyone loves them.
1587023097545.png

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Your local sawmill could do with your money. I run a small mill here and often run up a few benches in kit form.
Any good hardwood will do. 8 x 4” planks for the top and 4 x 4” legs with some 2 x 4 bracing all round. Handsaw, chisel, drill, a few dry pegs or bolts and you have (1) used up two days of lockdown (2) helped a local business (3) kept English woodland trade alive (4) got the perfect bench.
The EBay stuff is shite

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes I'd agree with the above, get your own materials and you will get something twice as sturdy for the same money as a pre-knocked up new one. It's tricky at the moment though, depends how desperate you are to get one now. I had cast-offs from one of my Dad's properties, the old work tops from a kitchen. I have my vice on it, it's very sturdy and for extra support my vice is directly above the support legs. You could also order a big piece of stainless, it's very handy to have that as a surface instead of wood

Top Bottom