Wooden workbench suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
If the bench is for bike stuff, what exactly are the brutal operations that require it to be extra sturdy? If you are chopping out mortice and tenons in hardwood, I can see that you don't want the workpiece to wander off when you smack it hard...…..but fiddling about with a bike....????????
You need to bolt a descent vice to it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You need to bolt a descent vice to it.
I agree, but the sort of things you do to bike parts don't need a rock steady platform. It may be metalwork, but it's not exactly blacksmith territory.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If the bench is for bike stuff, what exactly are the brutal operations that require it to be extra sturdy? If you are chopping out mortice and tenons in hardwood, I can see that you don't want the workpiece to wander off when you smack it hard...…..but fiddling about with a bike....????????

I suppose the most grief it will get is when trying to remove frozen seat posts and or bottom bracket cups

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The food goes in it not on it. :wacko:
It does tend to get used as an impromptu worktop for small jobs like stirring paint cans or cleaning paint brushes, which is what most of the ingrained stains are.
personally i still wouldn't put food in it, but its your and its upto you

jowwy

:laugh:
The inside, where the food goes, is regularly cleaned and defrosted. I'd better not post a photo of my veg plot, there's food in there stored in mud. :eek:
i shoot in my toilet, but i still keep it clean and disinfected........and food isn't stored in mud, its grown, then its cleaned and prepped, bagged before going into freezers, supermarkets etcetc.......unless yours goes from garden straight to the freezer, still covered in shoot

Last edited:

Mr Celine

Discordian
..and food isn't stored in mud,
I thought you were Welsh, you ought to know you don't need to lift leeks when they stop growing. Or parsnips.
bagged before going into freezers
If not bagged then in boxes or other containers, the contents of which is not going to come into contact with the paint stains on the outside of the freezer.

Do you have any comments to make on the topic of the thread, which is workbenches?

jowwy

I thought you were Welsh, you ought to know you don't need to lift leeks when they stop growing. Or parsnips.

If not bagged then in boxes or other containers, the contents of which is not going to come into contact with the paint stains on the outside of the freezer.

Do you have any comments to make on the topic of the thread, which is workbenches?
you still clean leeks/parsnips before you store them though..........hope you wash your hands better than you clean the outside of that freezer

yes i do have ideas on workbenches, build your own to the spec you want and keep it clean and tidy. Hope that helps

jowwy

FFS you clean them before you use them. You don't need to lift and store them first, they're fine where they are, in the mud, all winter, not growing, just stored where they are. :rolleyes:
but you still clean them......thats my point. the same as you eat off clean plates, you don't stop cleaning them, just cause they are going to get food on them again......

anyway you've gone off topic again :whistle:

Gunk

Guru
You could always just use the garden table 😂

Top Bottom