Wool,80% wool,polypropylene or nylon carpet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
£400 for the whole flat,including the staircase. It's a pity as the shop in town i bought if from closed down last year after the owner died. I know there are others, but they gave me a '20% off my next carpet' voucher seeing as i paid before the job was done and i didn't quibble over their price. Now that voucher's worth feck all!!:rolleyes:
Ah well life sucks huh.
Especially for the poor bloke who died and his family :rolleyes:

General rule for me is poly carpets in heavy areas such as hall, stairs and landing and the same in bedrooms as people spill stuff such as deodorant and make up which wool just absorbs. In living rooms, wool for a touch of class and luxury and kitchen/bathrooms I go for Lino as it’s easy to rip up and change but also easy to clean plus it isn’t cold.

Longetivity of the carpet is to a degree governed by price. Our recent replacements were in the region of £15-£20/metre but will last 15 years or more so which is the equivalent of 3 replacements at £5/metre.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You’d need a piece 3m x 4m(standard width), so 12sqm. If underlay is foam you can reuse it, likewise the grippers. If you are worried about burns 80/20 wool/nylon is the best bet, twist pile. Wool doesn’t burn, just chars slightly and then brushes off. More expensive than synthetic but should retain its appearance better over time.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Of course you could always go for the Meghan Markle look with sisal Accy

Those spike heels are going to play havoc with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah well life sucks huh.
Especially for the poor bloke who died and his family :rolleyes:
This is why i'm sceptical about pre paid funerals.🤔 20 years on your relatives contact the funeral home after your death only to find that funeral business had changed hands. The new owners reply "Pre-paid funeral...what fecking pre paid funeral?! We don't have any records of it"!!:rolleyes:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry bit OT but in the article the commentator was saying the interior was furnished like a bland international hotel rather than a home.
What do CCers think?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Listening to the local radio phone in now, there's a woman on saying she's had an £85 a square yard :ohmy: carpet for 18 months and it's suffering from something called pile reversal. She said she contacted the seller but found they'd gone out of business. She also said the whole carpet cost just short of £4000!:ohmy:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Listening to the local radio phone in now, there's a woman on saying she's had an £85 a square yard :ohmy: carpet for 18 months and it's suffering from something called pile reversal. She said she contacted the seller but found they'd gone out of business. She also said the whole carpet cost just short of £4000!:ohmy:
That’s rather common with plain velour carpets at anything from £5 to £100 sq yd, wool or synthetic. Looks like someone has thrown a bucket of water on the carpet. Also know as shading.

1628459696795.jpeg

Not a manufacturing fault but something that occurs after use. The lady wouldn’t have got much change out the retailer even if they’d still been going.

Top Bottom