Work self-appraisal form -help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

It is a small company and we don't really have a HR department.

I have made an appointment to speak to Citizens Advice on Friday. I'm probably over-thinking the consequences of this appraisal nonsense and I intend to find a different job anyway but I want to know what my position is, specifically if they do want rid of me, I'd like the redundancy money I feel I should be entitled to in the circumstances (but I guess every dismissed employee feels he/she is entitled to something).
Sorry I can't help with your problem, but I'm surprised it's a small company. I used to work for a so called 'blue chip' company and it was all HR ballhooks and appraisals, personal goals, team development etc. Now I work for a small company of less than 100. I know everybody's name and they all know mine. We all know what needs to be done, we know who you can rely on and who you can't. There is no appraisal system, people who work hard and show a talent move forward, the wasters end up in the departure lounge. So easy, so refreshing.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I don't know if Ireland has a TUPE equivalent. I was TUPE'd across from a civil service job 18 years ago and still have my original redundancy rights from the 7 years I was a civil servant prior to that... Also, I'm really bad at changing jobs.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
'Tis done. I don't think they want rid of me just at the moment although my job could change drastically in the next few months. Unsure how I feel about this but I guess suck it and see. I may also be given shares in the company but I won't be allowed to sell them and if I leave I lose them so not sure how that benefits me!

Not sure what I really think of my new boss. Seems to have all the chat about big plans and how great he and his vision is. Time will tell if he has the substance to back it all up I guess but he reminded me of the yuppie bank manager prat from the dinner party scene in one of the Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials with all this "let me run this past you" nonsense. He even drives a red Porsche 944 Turbo as it turns out so a bona fide '80s yuppy throwback:laugh:

As for the appraisal form, he didn't even look at it, said throw it in the bin as it's something his PA insists on.

Top Bottom