Working Tax Credits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Robson3022

I've got sprogs ranging from 15 months to 24 years.

I've never been rich, but no matter how skint I've been I've always put something away each month, even uf only a fiver, and I've always paid into a pension, even when I was so skint that the day before pay day I was reduced to eating bread and butter only, or salt sandwiches if I was feeling really cosmopolitan so the kids could eat done thing halfway decent.

I know what it's like to cycle 8 miles with the young un in a crossbar child seat to take her to my mums cos i was too skint to run a car or pay for a taxi, then cycle to work, do a night shift, then go collect my daughter and cycle her home and onwards to school.

I didn't like it but I never wasted my breath moaning, and not once did I even jokingly consider that life on benefits might be easier.

My incentive was to better myself, improve my lot in life, secure my future and - most importantly - set an example that you get out of life what you put in.

I'd give my left nut for sone free taxpayer funded hand outs thank you. Stop moaning and invest that effort into improving your lot, because the only person holding you back is YOU.

I do exactly as you are saying here. Ill say this again my rant is at the system I have always worked hard. The thought of not going to work and staying at home is alien to me. But there's times when Ive had a crap day and haven't seen my daughter for three days and I ring tax credits and get this information I think I'd be better off not working.

Drago

Legendary Member
I do exactly as you are saying here. Ill say this again my rant is at the system I have always worked hard. The thought of not going to work and staying at home is alien to me. But there's times when Ive had a crap day and haven't seen my daughter for three days and I ring tax credits and get this information I think I'd be better off not working.
Up to you. Why don't you 'choose' not to work then and see how much people respect your sponging attitude.

OP
OP
R

Robson3022

Up to you. Why don't you 'choose' not to work then and see how much people respect your sponging attitude.

Your absolutely right. I might just do that and let others worry about it!

This would never ever happen because I agree with lots of your points. You do get from life what your put in but there are times when its difficult.

Sandra6

Veteran

I've never been rich, but no matter how skint I've been I've always put something away each month, even uf only a fiver, and I've always paid into a pension, even when I was so skint that the day before pay day I was reduced to eating bread and butter only, or salt sandwiches if I was feeling really cosmopolitan so the kids could eat done thing halfway decent.

I know what it's like to cycle 8 miles with the young un in a crossbar child seat to take her to my mums cos i was too skint to run a car or pay for a taxi, then cycle to work, do a night shift, then go collect my daughter and cycle her home and onwards to school.

I didn't like it but I never wasted my breath moaning, and not once did I even jokingly consider that life on benefits might be easier.

My incentive was to better myself, improve my lot in life, secure my future and - most importantly - set an example that you get out of life what you put in.

I'd give my left nut for sone free taxpayer funded hand outs thank you. Stop moaning and invest that effort into improving your lot, because the only person holding you back is YOU.

Do you not even claim child benefit then?
I have children ranging from 18 to 7 (6 of them) and while my husband and I both work I'm very grateful for the help I get from the state, thank you very much. We pay plenty into "the pot" and I see nothing wrong in expecting to get a little back from time to time.

mark st1

Plastic Manc

I commend your attitude and good for you im trying my hardest to follow your way of thinking however with petrol gas electric rent water all going up this year my wages staying the same im wondering at what point i can sustain a living life for my family. I share your thoughts about the CAB the help they offered me witht the CSA was next to useless. I seem to be working 5 days a week to get deeper in debt to me thats not living its depressing !

Top Bottom