World Champs Flanders 2021 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Had a quick squizz at Het Nieuwsblad in the offy this evening.

Eddy grumbling on about Evenepoel: "Remco only rides for himself, as we saw in Tokyo", plastered across the front page

The mixed relay team time trial. What a boring format to watch. I think the OFF switch is required.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
A chance to win a jersey that no one will ever wear.

Although what are the rules on arm stripes? Are wearing those still limited to participation in events you were world champion in, or is it general?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The only perk of being struck down with the cold of the decade (fairly sure not Covid) is that I can sit in bed and watch the women’s race today guilt free!!

It’s hard to see past the Netherlands team but its exciting that anything could happen, like the Olympics!
Get well soon....

....but not too soon!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
What a race! Fantastic sprint at the end! I love how thrilled Balsamo is and also how gutted Vos was, still so much desire to win! I was rooting for Niewiadoma who came third! She rode so hard, and put in such a fight! Gutted for her!

bitsandbobs

Über Member
What a race! Fantastic sprint at the end! I love how thrilled Balsamo is and also how gutted Vos was, still so much desire to win! I was rooting for Niewiadoma who came third! She rode so hard, and put in such a fight! Gutted for her!

I really thought Vos was going to get that. Her 6th silver in a world championship!!

Great work from the Italian team though.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I really thought Vos was going to get that. Her 6th silver in a world championship!!

Great work from the Italian team though.
They look like a lovely team to belong to, don't they. Such joy as they sang along. I think I'd choose them over the Dutch team any time.

The Dutch are a curious team. I wonder if they have so many stars that they can't work well as an actual team.

The Italians played the underdog card beautifully (ITA teams always race smart at the World's). Dutch had to do the work, as everyone else knows how strong they are.

Could have gone to 1 strong individual rider from a minor team, but it didn't, and the Italians held their nerve for a sprint finish.

Amazing race, really not what I expected, and much better than previous that I've watched 👍:notworthy:

Top Bottom