Worried about going out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuarttunstall

Why am I so worried about riding my bike tomorrow and Sunday after I had two spoke break last weekend :sad:

The wheel is back in the bike, Evan replaced the two damaged spokes plus one other that broke when he over tensioned them to check for more...

Am I being an idiot? lol

You see I am a paranoid bloke who always thinks the worst will happen and it is in my mnd I am going to have more problems... even though apart from a couple of punctures this is the only issue in 12 months of owning the bike...

Stuart

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll be all reet !

Rocky

Hello decadence
Yup, you'll be OK. But if you've got any doubts, why not borrow another rear wheel from a mate? (Make sure the limit screws are set properly on the rear derailleur).

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

It is just stuck in my mind lol... I's and idiot springs to mind lol ... always the same, I fixed the puncture and think it will fail next time I go out, even though it is a simple job... Must be a strange bloke me lol

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Yup, you'll be OK. But if you've got any doubts, why not borrow another rear wheel from a mate? (Make sure the limit screws are set properly on the rear derailleur).

I can't say I know anyone else with a bike, only my boss but mine is a hybrid and his a road bike so totally different lol ...

I have already decided IF and I suppose it is an IF I get issues with spokes custom wheels are to be done... but it has happened once in 12 months so I know I am stupid being paranoid lol..

Rocky

Hello decadence
It is just stuck in my mind lol... I's and idiot springs to mind lol ... always the same, I fixed the puncture and think it will fail next time I go out, even though it is a simple job... Must be a strange bloke me lol
Not strange at all.....I often have similar thoughts. Go out for a ride, avoid rough roads/potholes and it'll be fine.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I can't say I know anyone else with a bike, only my boss but mine is a hybrid and his a road bike so totally different lol ...

I have already decided IF and I suppose it is an IF I get issues with spokes custom wheels are to be done... but it has happened once in 12 months so I know I am stupid being paranoid lol..
Or go into your nearest bike shop and ask about a replacement wheel. It needn't cost a huge amount.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

We all have out little 'habits and quirks'. Punctures are one of those things, you might have missed a thorn or pinched the tube replacing it.

Oh I am always the same, no matter what I do I always worry after, even at work I am never convinced I have done it right lol ...

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Not strange at all.....I often have similar thoughts. Go out for a ride, avoid rough roads/potholes and it'll be fine.

That is one problem I have, I live in a village and the country lanes are not the best, badly filled potholes and the surface in places is far from smooth , with worn road surfaced due to farm traffic I expect.. but I slow down a lot when the old potholes that have had a blob of tarmac slapped in appear... but think I need to slow a little more, then again I have done the same route for 12 months so I would have thought I would have had more issues if it was down to that :smile: I hope lol

Rocky

Hello decadence
Including your spokes ! :laugh:
ah......a snowflake spoke pattern

p3pb2681497.jpg

Top Bottom