Worrying times.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes, us in "trade" need to know our place ;)

No one hates a plumber when they need some plumbing done...:okay:

Nor a farmer when they're hungry.

Well actually I don't think most do think of farmers very that much when they're hungry.

All that food just magically appears, somehow. !!?

We're just a nuisance on the roads with our tractors.

Our animals are smelly, and make a noise...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Nuts

I'm going to start sounding like an old person here.

But what's wrong with a bowl of warm soapy water and a flannel ??

It did for my kids precious little, faces, and botties 90% of the time .
Baby wipes just smear it around. We cut up and hemmed an old towel. Does the job properly.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Baby wipes just smear it around. We cut up and hemmed an old towel. Does the job properly.

I used Terry square nappies with both mine.

Like the good little eco warrior momma I was.

With plastic covers of course.

The more you use em the more absorbent they get.

Also cos they're not as comfy when wet as disposables - the little blighters were quicker to be out of them.

Some of them are still around for mopping up spills and polishing bikes even now...

The cloths not the kids.

They've finally gone....

..well - til they come back that is :blink:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I used Terry square nappies with both mine.

Like the good little eco warrior momma I was.

With plastic covers of course.

The more you use em the more absorbent they get.

Also cos they're not as comfy when wet as disposables - the little blighters were quicker to be out of them.

Some of them are still around for mopping up spills and polishing bikes even now...

The cloths not the kids.

They've finally gone....

..well - til they come back that is :blink:
We've progressed a bit past Terry toweling...

20170219_101038-jpg.jpg

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We've progressed a bit past Terry toweling...

View attachment 610720

Pleased to see the bicycle motifs, well done, get them early! ;)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm only half-joking about the tea cosy - I tried to source a bike-themed tea cosy last year and spent a lot of time getting nowhere. Now I'm thinking one leg, handle, one leg, spout.....It's upside down of course....
bicycle-wheels-cloth-nappy-260950_800x.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't this mean that the reason for every journey has to be declared? No-one is going to cheat or fib of course.

This of course is the problem with a pay per mile system, not that the purpose is being recorded,, but the time and destination are. How do you record distance and location without invading privacy? This is a similar issue Germany where there is a satellite/GPS/Galileo based system to record truck movements for Autobahn tolls.. In this case a toll collecting organisation has successfully fought off attempts by the police to access data on truck movements for criminal cases on the basis it's confidential under the constitution.

How much people would trust such a system in the UK, and how secure it would be, is a major problem.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
This of course is the problem with a pay per mile system, not that the purpose is being recorded,, but the time and destination are. How do you record distance and location without invading privacy? This is a similar issue Germany where there is a satellite/GPS/Galileo based system to record truck movements for Autobahn tolls.. In this case a toll collecting organisation has successfully fought off attempts by the police to access data on truck movements for criminal cases on the basis it's confidential under the constitution.

How much people would trust such a system in the UK, and how secure it would be, is a major problem.

I doubt that would be a major problem, when compared to people having to "self certify" the reason for the journey.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
…Watch less news and enjoy life more, would be my advice. :okay:
I totally agree with you, Slick. Here in the States in 2020 I got so tired of hearing COVID statistics rise first but the hundreds, then thousands, then ten thousands, etc., that I just quit reading/watching or listening to the news altogether. Even though I live in the Washington, DC area and can get the Washington Post digitally for free through my workplace, I don’t want to hear it! The Mrs. watches way more tube than I do and shares bits now and then, which I can endure, but even everything in political news over here is too much to want to suffer through.

Happy just to ride the bike in the early morning, work online from home, wear a mask outside even though double jabbed and enjoy life with the
Mrs and the kitties. Life will be safer and more varied again some day, I can wait this out. Life goes on, or at least it has so far! Whatever we're dealt we can handle, so let’s just live the best we can at any given time. :laugh:

Top Bottom