Worrying times.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

The future looks bleak. Petrol shortages coming this week, empty shelves in shops, big increase in energy prices and food, government planning to charge per mile motoring and who knows what else.
I am getting very concerned and wondering if both of our pensions will be able to cope with it all. Worrying times indeed.
We seen it all before it will pass .

Milzy

Guru
I’d just like to say it’s only worrying times because there are too many easily manipulated idiots out there. Turn off the news & enjoy your life. Maybe order a nice new bike, perhaps something a bit fancy like real steel or titanium. I’ve not been out enough on mine & it has made me more stressed. Cycling is brilliant medicine which is over looked by so many.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I’d just like to say it’s only worrying times because there are too many easily manipulated idiots out there. Turn off the news & enjoy your life. Maybe order a nice new bike, perhaps something a bit fancy like real steel or titanium. I’ve not been out enough on mine & it has made me more stressed. Cycling is brilliant medicine which is over looked by so many.

Hmm.. never thought of that, I wonder... could I get a prescription for a new bike? ;)

Biker man

You are so right it's given me a new lease of life love it.

Dolorous Edd

The future looks bleak. Petrol shortages coming this week, empty shelves in shops, big increase in energy prices and food, government planning to charge per mile motoring and who knows what else.
I am getting very concerned and wondering if both of our pensions will be able to cope with it all. Worrying times indeed.

This time almost exactly 18 months ago, a large number of us were in fear of our lives. You would have thought that would put "worry" into perspective.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
This time almost exactly 18 months ago, a large number of us were in fear of our lives. You would have thought that would put "worry" into perspective.

In many ways it's good that we don't carry the intense worries of say eighteen months ago , forwards into today.

Or we'd all be a constant bag of nerves.

Sure it's good to have perspective.

But if we only ever worry about the 'monstrous' things, most of us wouldn't get much done at all .

Dolorous Edd

Indeed, my employer is very wary of people claiming for overtime and currently overtime is not permitted, there is no budget to pay for overtime.

When you say "overtime is not permitted", does that mean staff are not encouraged to work beyond their contracted hours, or they are so encouraged, but simply not paid for it?

Top Bottom