Worrying times.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
When you say "overtime is not permitted", does that mean staff are not encouraged to work beyond their contracted hours, or they are so encouraged, but simply not paid for it?

We are encouraged not to work beyond our paid hours and no authority is given to work beyond those hours. We have to supply reasoning for doing overtime if we feel it is necessary and management decide if they'll permit it, currently it's not permitted under any circumstances.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’d just like to say it’s only worrying times because there are too many easily manipulated idiots out there. Turn off the news & enjoy your life. Maybe order a nice new bike, perhaps something a bit fancy like real steel or titanium. I’ve not been out enough on mine & it has made me more stressed. Cycling is brilliant medicine which is over looked by so many.

I've got some really brilliant people who work with, and for me.

Just now and then one of them will cheekily insert into my endless farm 'to do' list.

"Go for a bike ride"

Because they know it's good for me.

..and in truth probs good for them too :smile:

P.s. mines mainly aluminium..

:bicycle:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Walk and cycle more and eat less that's the answer.
I personally couldn't give a rats aXXX about the self inflicted petrol crisis or possible food shortages at Xmas. No one needs to be stuffing themselves stupid anyway. I think the petrol thing is very funny.

Mike_P

Guru
Always amazes me how many people buy a whacking great big turkey when they never buy a full chicken, rather chicken breasts. Shops do sell turkey breasts.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Always amazes me how many people buy a whacking great big turkey when they never buy a full chicken, rather chicken breasts. Shops do sell turkey breasts.
Learn to cut up a whole chicken and never buy breasts again.

postman

Legendary Member
This panic buying is nothing new.It's been going on since 1968,and I can tell you who started it and at what time,it was Arthur the barman at 22-30 Saturday night,he shouted last orders ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Pleased to see the bicycle motifs, well done, get them early! ;)
Getting his outfit ready for tomorrow.

presta

Guru
Road pricing already exists if you drive a fuel driven vehicle. The more you drive the more fuel consumed and therefore tax paid.
But fuel is a flat rate cost: the 10,000th mile costs exactly the same as the 1,000th mile. For road pricing to work, it has to be steeply progressive, otherwise the rich who contribute most emissions will be able to carry on business as usual whilst the poor who make a negligible difference to climate change will be forced to quit driving altogether.
1635178481868.png

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
But fuel is a flat rate cost: the 10,000th mile costs exactly the same as the 1,000th mile. For road pricing to work, it has to be steeply progressive, otherwise the rich who contribute most emissions will be able to carry on business as usual whilst the poor who make a negligible difference to climate change will be forced to quit driving altogether.
View attachment 615142

are those figures UK or Global?

I thought aviation was responsible for less than road transport?

“the poor” may produce less emissions per capital, but, since there are more of them (us?) the actual tonnage produced may be greater.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
?
Fuel is taxed, not sure of exact rate now, but about 60%+

I was being sarcastic. When there are calls for paying per mile as opposed to per gallon, I wonder if the main motovation is to get the goverment to fund a ridiculously complex and costly tracking system that the big consultancies can get a slice of.

Top Bottom