Worst band ever?

the worst band in the world

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Second only to the Beatles as the most overated band in the cosmos.
Radiohead and REM would be right up there too.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Green Day were ok to start with, angry young men rebelling against society, they are now mega rich 40 somethings, their music no longer holds any kudos. They stopped doing anything original a long time ago and just do the same thing over and over.
American idiot was for me such a brilliant album ,probably the last album which was proud to be political. No one will dare do that to day.

Lullabelle

Banana
American idiot was for me such a brilliant album ,probably the last album which was proud to be political. No one will dare do that to day.

True, these days it is all about selling albums that people want to hear rather than making a point which is a shame, making money is more important than making a statement.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Album by a mainstream band on a major label, perhaps. Plenty of political opinions being expressed by other musicians....

Black Country Ste

Green Day were ok to start with, angry young men rebelling against society, they are now mega rich 40 somethings, their music no longer holds any kudos. They stopped doing anything original a long time ago and just do the same thing over and over.
I've never liked them. Brainless and the most boring two hours of my life wasted watching them at Leeds Festival 2004.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 3003973, member: 1314"]As per the OP aren't we meant to put a proper rant into why we don't like certain bands rather than just naming them? Or was that a different thread? Though I agree with @Mattonsea ^^[/QUOTE]
Nirvana get that trophy in my book.
OK... hailed as the most ground breaking band since god turned the lights on, the music press just couldn't get enough of them, along with a good handful of my friends. When i first heard Nevermind i thought "Is that it? Is this that 'ground breaking' new sound??" Then the miserable sod went a shot himself and therefore set his legacy in stone. Since that day, youngster rocker/emo types have been going on and on about this so-called troubled genius who 'created a whole new style of music', as if he actually invented the distortion pedal and whiny lyrics... The only thing i can say is that Destinies Child's mash up of Bootylicious & Smells Like Teen Spirit is the only good thing Nirvana ever contributed to... and it was only let down by the fact they left Curbain's moaning drones on it... apart from that, Nirvana are pants, pants and thrice pants.

but they're still better than Coldplay, marginally.

Top Bottom