Worst day of their lives? Poor dears.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't understand what all your outrage is about as you observe the hapless travellers in personal extremis.
Has it become some kind of cruel Reality TV show for your own personal entertainment?
It's not outrage, merely an observation. If it was outrage then I would be as guilty of disproportionate reactions to a minor event as the skiing party in the OP..
They are still spoilt, naive, self obsessed farkwits.
Unfortunately those type of people are such a common occurrence in the UK that they have become normal. No point getting outraged then, but perhaps worthy of a post on some everyday cycling forum on the net?

brand

I think problems are all relative and your OWN personal problems always seem worse.....
Just my opinion
Goodnight all
X
Your own personal problems may seem worse relative to someone with similar problem. Not to someone with disproportionately worse problem. IE someone having to spend the night in a school hall compared to someone living on the street.
Anyway we are writing about these people who were on the box. W*NK*RS who have embarrassed the UK.

Last edited:

brand

I don't understand what all your outrage is about as you observe the hapless travellers in personal extremis.
Has it become some kind of cruel Reality TV show for your own personal entertainment?
in personal extremis
Do you really think that it was worse day of their lives? A bit unlikely wouldn't you think? Gross exaggeration and complaining about the short term living conditions caused by extreme weather. I am princess personality disorder.
Reality TV show for your own personal entertainment
In which they voluntarily supplied the actors and the script. Just like a reality TV show!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
We are talking about people who are tired, hungry, disappointed, frustrated and angry, not making a prepared statement after the event but being interviewed on the spot. I think you should cut them some slack. Let he who is without sin etc.
Tired? Perhaps. Hungry? They/we don't know the real meaning of the word.
Disappointed? Maybe. Frustrated and angry? That brings me back to the original point; that if such a trivial matter makes them frustrated and angry then they are very sheltered from hardship. Drama queens preparing for an insurance claim, more like.
Cut them some slack? You can mollycoddle them if you like, I will treat them with the contempt they deserve (without getting outraged :whistle:).

brand

We are talking about people who are tired, hungry, disappointed, frustrated and angry, not making a prepared statement after the event but being interviewed on the spot. I think you should cut them some slack. Let he who is without sin etc.
let him who is without sin cast the first stone
Only those who are faultless have the right to pass judgment upon others (implying that no one is faultless and that, therefore, no one has such a right to pass judgment).
Are you saying you have never passed judgement on others? I doubt it. This is a forum where people pass judgement all the time, isn't that to some degree what forums are for? Shouldn't they have just got on with it, like no doubt the majority did?
BURN THEM, BURN THEM ALIVE! opps that was the drama queen in me coming out!

Last edited:

brand

PS Hungry? How long had they been without food. Not long enough by any means. It was the fact that food wasn't available that made them angary not that they were hungry. That the latter sums them up.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
If that's the worst day of their lives then they've lived an easy life so far. To think 100 years ago men were dying in the trenches,yet these wonkers think they've had it bad!:headshake:
Brilliant point & one I would have made myself.

As I often say to the older folk & other folk who complain when their bus is 10 or 20 minutes late, or whine when they have to show their 'free' bus passes,

"oh dear, never mind, you could be having your arms & legs blown off in Afghanistan".

screenman

Legendary Member

As I often say to the older folk & other folk who complain when their bus is 10 or 20 minutes late, or whine when they have to show their 'free' bus passes,

"oh dear, never mind, you could be having your arms & legs blown off in Afghanistan".

By older folk do you mean those who lived through the second world war, when many were bombed out of their houses?

brand

Waited 90 minutes for a bus yesterday. Could have got a taxi £20 plus or use my free bus pass.
When I am in Manchester visiting my mother in her residential home, I could use a train and metro about 90 minutes and spend £7 + a day in travel costs or 4 hours on busses FREE. When I am standing there waiting in the cold for a bus which is 20 minutes late, I soon cheer up when I think of the money I am saving.
When I cycle to the pub in 30 mile an hour winds with the rain in my face, all I ever think about is what an easy ride home it's going to be with the wind blowing me up the hills. And what beer they have on!
They can, unlike a lot of people afford a skiing holiday.
Note I am not an envious person, I don't begrudge them their skiing holiday. Although I do have difficulty with the concept of being carried up a hill just to go down it again. Seems to me they should make their minds up, top or bottom!

Last edited:

brand

Waiting 90 minutes is the equivalent of being paid £13.33 an hour to stand about in the cold. Try working it out that way. The maths also applies to paying your bus fare, just the equivalent pay is lower, in this case £11.33 an hour.

Last edited:

brand

By older folk do you mean those who lived through the second world war, when many were bombed out of their houses?
Not many of them about now.
On the other hand I can't recall any old fart complaining about having to show their bus pass.

Top Bottom