Worst day of their lives? Poor dears.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
It is true. They are pathetic for making out as if this is the worst day of their lives.

But its not really their fault. It isn't he worst day if their lives that they can remember. Its not their fault they were born in modern times in a western country with reasonable income. While these muooets don't appreciate how good their lives are, its not up to us (well, me anyway) to propose how they should feel. Afterall, they have only encountered first world problems and perhaps are dumbed down by other problems "civilisation" has to offer.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
By older folk do you mean those who lived through the second world war, when many were bombed out of their houses?
My point is relevant to the OP's original post regarding the skiers.

Merely highlighting that there are much worse things happening in the world than a late bus, such as the example given.

I also said "& other folk" so the comment was not confined to pensioners.

Yes "many were bombed out of their houses" but far fewer were than were not, regardless, the point is to highlight the difference between real suffering & a slight inconvenience, which is lost on some, going skiing, queuing, waiting for a bus, train etc, to say for instance, serving in N.I, Iraq, Kosovo, Afghanistan or having a life threating ilness, being born with multiple life threatening or quality of life affecting conditions.

Taken in context, my point is clear.

Regards.

Ex H.M Forces.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Your own personal problems may seem worse relative to someone with similar problem. Not to someone with disproportionately worse problem. IE someone having to spend the night in a school hall compared to someone living on the street.
Anyway we are writing about these people who were on the box. W*NK*RS who have embarrassed the UK.

If we were all that bothered about other peoples problems we should perhaps start by selling our bikes and handing the money over to a homeless charity?
They in turn could hand it to someone even less fortunate and so on and so forth.
I am not being argumentative but trying to explain,probably badly, what i mean.....
Anyway Happy New Year to you all

brand

If we were all that bothered about other peoples problems we should perhaps start by selling our bikes and handing the money over to a homeless charity?
They in turn could hand it to someone even less fortunate and so on and so forth.
I am not being argumentative but trying to explain,probably badly, what i mean.....
Anyway Happy New Year to you all
A/ You are being argumentive.
B/We are not bothered about other people's problems as they never had a problem. That is the gist of it.
C/ How am I going to get to the pub without my bike.

brand

My point is relevant to the OP's original post regarding the skiers.

serving in N.I, Iraq, Kosovo, Afghanistan or having a life threating ilness, being born with multiple life threatening or quality of life affecting conditions.

Taken in context, my point is clear.

Regards.

Ex H.M Forces.
Hoi tosser how about the Falklands!!

screenman

Legendary Member
Waiting 90 minutes is the equivalent of being paid £13.33 an hour to stand about in the cold. Try working it out that way. The maths also applies to paying your bus fare, just the equivalent pay is lower, in this case £11.33 an hour.

I do get it, time is money. Just I would rather spend mine on a taxi rather than say beer.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
A/ You are being argumentive.
B/We are not bothered about other people's problems as they never had a problem. That is the gist of it.
C/ How am I going to get to the pub without my bike.

A/ Not at all.
B/ They thought so whether I or you agree or not
C/ Point taken, that WOULD be a massive problem! :cheers:
All the very best to you^_^

Top Bottom