Worst day of their lives? Poor dears.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

Which village? Glad you got it sorted, it certainly is not a nice place to spend a few minutes, let alone 90. Sounds like you have life sorted now.

[QUOTE 3447944, member: 259"]Lincolnshire? :ohmy:[/QUOTE]
Correct, if looking from a satellite it's the one that's got electricity.

screenman

Legendary Member
Lincolnshire is not that bad, there is worse. You will have to give me a bit of time to think where though.

brand

Lincolnshire is not that bad, there is worse. You will have to give me a bit of time to think where though.
I like it here. I visited most of England to look for a suitable rural area to move back to.
Lincolnshire won the right to my presence based on house prices, population density, quality and quantity of pubs and cycling scenery between pubs. It took a lot of research to work out which area and which village.

screenman

Legendary Member
I like it here. I visited most of England to look for a suitable rural area to move back to.
Lincolnshire won the right to my presence based on house prices, population density, quality and quantity of pubs and cycling scenery between pubs. It took a lot of research to work out which area and which village.

I was only kidding I do not like my village, Bardney, but the Wolds make for great cycling. I have also been in the Lincoln Wheelers for 25 years.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
To live what some sneeringly describe as a 'sheltered life' is a good thing.
I broadly agree with that, but if your comforts are taken away for a fleeting moment you should be conscious of worse plights around you and MTFU.

the usual leftie cycling forum stance of deriding anything and everything that smacks of middle class success and prosperity.
No leftie here, just an all weather cycle commuter :training:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Completely irrelevant.
How so?
This thread is about people's different perceptions on what events make a particular day the worst of their life.
My guess is that the ebola victim will be regarding this as one of (if not THE) worst of her life.
Of course everyone has different views on this, but IMHO I would rather spend a few hours of my precious skiing holiday stuck in an airport without hot water, rather than be the victim of a life threatening disease.

brand

I was only kidding I do not like my village, Bardney, but the Wolds make for great cycling. I have also been in the Lincoln Wheelers for 25 years.
Just remembered I cycled over to Bardney to meet my brother. I was feeling really ill but I went over anyway and had good session in the Nags Head. Lights died on me on the way back so I went home instead of finishing at Tetford.
What's the pub opposite like? Its not called the Bard anymore, is it the White Angel? Got there at twelve stopped serving food at 3 just when I needed a scoff. Went to the butchers next door for baguettes to eat in pub. Very very good butchers. Came back next day for wallet as I left it on the bench in the beer garden. It was handed in.
Not sure why you would dislike the village, 2 pubs, great butcher's and possibly other shops? If you like the city Lincoln is close by.
My village is better as it has nothing at all but each to their own!

Last edited:

brand

How so?
This thread is about people's different perceptions on what events make a particular day the worst of their life.
My guess is that the ebola victim will be regarding this as one of (if not THE) worst of her life.
Of course everyone has different views on this, but IMHO I would rather spend a few hours of my precious skiing holiday stuck in an airport without hot water, rather than be the victim of a life threatening disease.
Couldn't give a shi*e about foreigners problems, there are plenty of people in the UK who would find it hard to believe that that was the worse day of their lives.
In fact I doubt it was the worse day of their lives. They have probably had worse. Maybe we are being to harsh on them, they may have mental health problems. Histrionic personality disorder being the most likely. It is also called wankeritis.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Brand, just been here a bit too long. It is a scruffy looking place thst gets to you after a while, some nice people though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpoq-vjFVJYBgV82txI3V_GZ5lNR8dkvDdW188-Qu_KcrIJCsZ.jpg

Top Bottom