Worst day of their lives? Poor dears.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
And why hold that against them ?
Simply because they come across as naive, spoilt, precious little darlings who seem blinkered as to what is going on in the world around them.
If they are stupid enough to go on national TV and claim that this was the worst day of their life (yes I do know it was an exaggeration, hopefully) then they can expect some derision!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
And this is what this is all about isn't it, the usual leftie cycling forum stance of deriding anything and everything that smacks of middle class success and prosperity.

That isn't what's it's about at all, there's nothing between the lines.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Same thing last night on the news.

Heavy snow in France has lead to abandoned cars etc.

Cue indignant British lady breathless with frustration: unhappy that the 'only' shelter provided to her for the night was a local gymnasium.

Maybe she should have refused the sub-standard accommodation and stayed in her car and froze to death.

brand

And this is what this is all about isn't it, the usual leftie cycling forum stance of deriding anything and everything that smacks of middle class success and prosperity.
I also think they are a bunch of pathetic dicks and no body would ever accuse me of being a leftie. Although I would agree with you that this forum is like most, if not all cycling forums, leftie orientated. You should take into account what the lefties do for living....sit in front of computers all day with vast amounts of spare time to espouse their rancid political beliefs......my rant of the day!!

Last edited:

brand

Bas*ard, Bas*ard my life has been devastated. I am at Manchester train station and am in restaurant. I have bought a coffee merely to use the WiFi immediately it arrived the WiFi failed. Their excuse? It is all operated by head office nothing we can do about it. It has come back on for 10 minutes and then on and off, on and off. Unlike the whiners at the sky resort who couldn't get the culprit back (god) , I can......YOU WANT ME TO PAY? I BOUGHT THIS FU*KING COFFEE SO I COULD USE YOUR WIFI. I COULDN'T GIVE A SH*T WHOSE FAULT IT IS. YOU HAVE RUINED MY DAY (NOTE NOT MY LIFE I DON'T LIKE TO EXAGGERATE) NOT ONLY AM I NOT GOING TO PAY, I WANT COMPENSATION. NO I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HOMELESS OR SEXUAL ABUSED CHILDREN I CARE ABOUT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS, MY INTERNET CONNECTION!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I went skiing in 2007 and the flight out of Stansted was cancelled, along with flights out of Gatwick, Heathrow et al. Far from being the worst day of my life, I just buckled down, kicked my adventurous spirit into gear, and made my way to the Alps via train/tube/Eurostar/train/hire car. I got there by midnight the same day, only 8 hours 'late'. At lunch on the slopes the next day I almost choked on my apfelstrudel laughing at people on the news 'stranded' in the UK having the 'Worst day of their lives'

A very similar thing happened to me once, also on a ski holiday. We flew into Los Angeles to discover our onward flight to Reno (I think) was cancelled due to snow storms. We had a quick conflab, hired the very last 4x4 in the airport and left. Behind us all the other Brits were still complaining bitterly. It took us two days to get to Tahoe in the storms, two days of adventure which gave good memories. On the 2nd night, nearly there, the road was blocked and we had to pitch up in a hotel, which was selling it's rooms cheap because everyone was stuck. The next morning I woke up, opened the curtains to the most spectacular view and people having snowball fights outside. They all stared at me but I should probably have put something on before I opened the curtains.

brand

Bit slippery if you were thinking of a ride.
No I booked a callconnect bus to take me to my village. Only had to wait in the feezing bus station for 45mins...when it was 15 mins late I rung them and they informed me they had no record of my booking. I told them I had the email confirmation on my tablet in front of me. Said I may have to make my own way home. Lucky I had spoken to another driver earlier who said she was going my way later. So they rung her up and put me on her bus. So an hour an half freezing my boll*cks off! Only 20 mins journey to my house, if and only if, dropping me off first...last so it was a 50 minutes journey.
Steak, new potatoes and a salad in front of log fire. Must get that Christmas present out of the freezer....a large chocolate cake! and a couple of bottles of cider. Sorted. Best day of my life!!!

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Which village? Glad you got it sorted, it certainly is not a nice place to spend a few minutes, let alone 90. Sounds like you have life sorted now.

Top Bottom