Worst day of their lives? Poor dears.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The bath is propped up against the bookshelves, waiting to be plumbed in :laugh:

Have you thought about sliding down a steep hill in it?

Like the subjects of Brandane's OP derision, most of the worst days of my life have also involved incompetent service from travel companies, in my case various UK rail companies. They have my sympathy.
If you ask me this is something to celebrate not deride, that in our mostly prosperous and mostly peaceful society so many of us achieve mature age without ever suffering the sort of hardships of our forebears. To live what some sneeringly describe as a 'sheltered life' is a good thing.

brand

Like the subjects of Brandane's OP derision, most of the worst days of my life have also involved incompetent service from travel companies, in my case various UK rail companies.
So not to hard a life then. Really, can't you see anything wrong with their whining? Personally I am not one for sympathy but I really couldn't bring myself to say such a thing when other people in the UK have it harder every single day of their lives.
Do tell me what were these worse days of your life, enforced on you by incompetent rail companies......missed connection or you lost your house and were forced to live on the street...... bad rail company!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Like the subjects of Brandane's OP derision, most of the worst days of my life have also involved incompetent service from travel companies, in my case various UK rail companies. They have my sympathy.
You surprise me!
I have had travel plans bombed by airlines in the past, but the adventurous side of me has actually quite enjoyed it. Just as an example, Glasgow to Dubai once took me three days because of a late flight and a missed connection in Paris (Air France). A night in Paris, 8 hours in Beirut airport, an exploding engine on take off in an ancient MEA 707, a diversion to Abu Dhabi, luggage arrived three days after me........
All very inconvenient, but a far cry from being the worst day of my life. I got there in one piece, eventually.

Why didn't the nobbers in the skiing party just make the most of a difficult situation and start a Christmas party in the waiting area? At this time of year I'm sure they could have done something rather than sit on their miserable arses, being victims of circumstances outwith their control.

Last edited:

brand

To live what some sneeringly describe as a 'sheltered life' is a good thing.
But then you come to expect it and something minor comes along and you are all in a dither about.... what was it again? Ohh I remember your house is flooded with sewage.....no that's not it you were delayed for 8 hours by snow on skiing holiday!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
And this is what this is all about isn't it, the usual leftie cycling forum stance of deriding anything and everything that smacks of middle class success and prosperity.
No; these days you don't need "middle class success and prosperity" to jump on a flying cattle truck to spend a week skiing in the Alps.
It's about people with no idea about proper hardship.

Top Bottom