Worst film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I challenge anyone to find a worse film than "Hercules in New York" starring Arnold Strong. After that his later films are masterpieces.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You Don't Mess With The Zohan.

I remember sitting in the cinema actually punching myself for being dragged along to see this complete waste of celluloid.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Did you see Solaris (1972) by Tarkovsky? That one was another 167 minutes of my life that I'll regret on my death bed. It made 2001 seem like a Dirty Harry movie.

I gave it another viewing after being unexpectedly impressed by the new Cloony one. I'll grant you it's very slow, especially the first hour, but if you've got the right frame of mind, I think it deserves its reputation and is something rather special.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Having spent many an hour sitting through kids' films (some of which are actually quite good - Ratatouille is ace) my worst cinematic experience was Furry Vengeance with Brendan Fraser and Brooke Shields. Toe-curlingly bad.
Worst "grown ups" film I've seen is probably Who's That Girl, starring Madonna and, incredulously, Sir John Mills.

Lady Chatterley's Yawn.
Lolita.
Interstellar - what a crock.

....was gonna have an attempt at the 'favourite film' thread, but way too difficult to decide. But for worst film I'd like to offer Who Dares Wins (1982). Saw it in the cinema back then and remember thinking it a great movie. Couple of years back I thought I'd like to have another watch.......nostalgia I guess. Saw about 20 minutes of it then gave up, felt really disgusted with myself for thinking it was a great movie.........the dialogue in the film......you gotta see it to know how bad it was. Only excuse I can think of was it was around the time of the Falklands war, and there was a lot of that gung-ho spirit going around ........

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Terms of Endearment anyone? A ghastly offering about a bunch of self-obsessives getting in touch with their real feelings. It didn't help that Shirley McLaine was in it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There are so many, but take your pick between The Green Mile and Forrest Gump, both of which share the same kind of patronising, faux-profound, emtionally manipulative but utterly simplistic American worldview - but in the first one it's blended with some old school racism, so that's probably the worst.

pplpilot

Guru
Walked out on - Throw Momma from the train.
Would have walked out on but the date i was with wanted to see - The people under the stairs.

yello

Worst is actually quite difficult for me because I fortunately tend to forget crap films. Plus I know that there are stacks of Steven Seagal, J-C van Damme et al movies that are piles of tripe of a magnitude beyond anything I'll ever see. So for me to nominate a film I've seen as 'worst' is lopsided.

I find it easier to nominate 'worst acclaimed films' because I remember those. Their acclaim had led me to have an expectation that was not met. I remember the disappointment or, in some cases, anger. In that category, I have a clear winner. The winner of the yello award for the worst acclaimed film is.... (drum roll please)...

Good Will Hunting

The most offensive, patronising, trite amateurish sh*t I've seen to date. If it had been a junior secondary school production written by sincere young things then I would have cut it some slack... but it wasn't. This sh*t won Oscars. I shake my head in profound disbelief as I type.

Top Bottom