Worst songs ever...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Come one, let's get back to the awful songs thing, before the thread degenerates into a 'my music is better than yours' thing!

My next nomination is: Starship - We Built this City - I mean, how do you build on the legacy of what was once a great psychedelic rock band? Not by making a complete travesty of MOR fiddle like this, at any rate... mind you, I could have chosen any number of other awful 1980s soft-rock nightmares, like Heart...

Flying_Monkey said:
My next nomination is: Starship - We Built this City - I mean, how do you build on the legacy of what was once a great psychedelic rock band? Not by making a complete travesty of MOR fiddle like this, at any rate... mind you, I could have chosen any number of other awful 1980s soft-rock nightmares, like Heart...

Ooh yes, good choice.

I know someone who actually likes this stuff....

And so I'd like to add Europe: The final countdown; and while we're there let's not forget Africa by Toto, as well as The Scorpions, Winds of change. ;)

Oh gawd and then there was that atrocious 'China in your hand' by T'Pau. Now lots of people like this song, but throughout Carol Decker sings flat. it's absolute agony to listen to (i have perfect pitch and it's a curse when you get stuff like this).

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie said:
I know someone who actually likes this stuff....

And so I'd like to add Europe: The final countdown; and while we're there let's not forget Africa by Toto, as well as The Scorpions, Winds of change. :ohmy:

The (hard of hearing) guy who lived next door to me used to play this stuff really loud late at night and sing (well, shout) along very badly indeed. I can imagine he was also striking guitar hero poses... :biggrin:;)

Top Bottom