Worst songs ever...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm loathed to say it but I've seen R*bbi* W*ll**ms live, thru work of course, just before he released his second solo album.
He was a stunning showman and the band were awesome.
But then he made that fatal mistake of ditching his songwriter and recording the truely dreadful 'Swing when you're winning' and it was downhill from there. IMO.

Goes back to humming 'Die With Your Boots On' by Iron Maiden......

Wolf04

Yellow Fang said:
Surely you've all forgotten "I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me". Full of lines like "I've seen things that a woman is just not supposed to see." Like what exactly, a toilet seat not put down?

AAAAAARGH!!!! While I consider myself a music fan, I appear to have managed to go through life without coming across this nightmare. Until this morning that is thank you very much Radio 2:angry:

A truly awful song.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
We all wanna be big rock stars....

:wacko:!Rock Star by Nickelback... life's so fecking hard sometimes,isn't itxx(
James Blunt....ryhming slang....nuff saidxx(
Enya....have to listen to that in the dining room at work because the boss insists on it....xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(get me some Megadeath NOW!
Every Loser Wins by Nick Berry.........pukefest:angry:
My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion....and on,and on,and on..
You're really spoilt for choice sometimes,aren't you?:tongue:

LOL @ this thread. FM you beat me to it, I was going to nominate vanilla 'no way no way'. Also sealion is a pet hate of mine, as is bryan adams and avril 'fishlips' lavine - I've something against canadian music I think!

There's also Bonnie Tyler. I was up in scotland at the weekend. On more than one occasion I saw a big silver transit van, owned by a man in the tiling business, calling himself 'bonnie tiler'. SEVEN HOURS. Yes. SEVEN HOURS OF TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART STUCK IN MY HEAD. GOD!!!!

And then also Bonnie Tyler and Meatloaf ' I will do anything for love, but I won't do that..' DO WHAT? FFS??!!

Flying_Monkey said:
I think people have to be a bit limited to rate 'anything by Bjork' as the worst song ever written. I mean, sure you may not like her stuff, but 'worst ever' surely can't include things that are innovative and interesting even if they are a bit too challenging for some. It implies a truly unimaginable degree of awfulness, surely?

Does no-one remember the abominable Vanilla? Weren't they put together as bet to see if some producers could get the most talentless people they could find in the charts?

i get your point, but why are you only defending bjork- what about the others i mentioned????:tongue::biggrin:;)

this has (even by me, ill admit), got a little off topic- it should be "what music do you hate" now...

thrash metal is terrible, theres this band, dream theatre, they are absolutely amazing at playing their instruments..- its just a shame that their music is so crap...- so talented, but unable to apply the talent...

The sort of music that relly gets my goat is either a) music that purports to be edgy and slightly subversive, but isn't really, or :sad: music made by people who clearly consider themselves to be better than other sorts of musicians, but who are really just making dull and worthy stuff. I like some folk music, but a lot of it falls into this latter category as far as I can tell.
Oh, and modern Jazz, which seems to be all about saying "look how great I am!" And Frank Sinatra, who I really cannot stand.

Wolf04

Rhythm Thief said:
Nonononono! It's not that I haven't heard the "right" Frank Sinatra (and I'd question whether a third rate cover by an ex member of a rather poor band is the right way to hear his songs), just that I can't stand that kind of music.:biggrin:

I'm the same with jazz, people who's opinion I respect greatly have tried ad nauseum to convert me with the perfect track, album or compilation. I just can't get into jazz.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Wolf04 said:
I'm the same with jazz, people who's opinion I respect greatly have tried ad nauseum to convert me with the perfect track, album or compilation. I just can't get into jazz.
Mind you, jazz is as diverse as rock, so some jazz is just gorgeous (to me!) and some is an annoying noise... you takes yer pick, horses for courses, etc...

Top Bottom