Worst songs ever...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Chris, you are a man after my own heart. Remember we are seen as pariahs for not liking the Beatles. It's simply not on.

Of course Beatles fans can't or don't want to understand why we don't like them. Beatles Fascism I call it.

They usually come out with " You must like at least one of their songs", a reply of , "yeah, Yellow Submarine or Oo Bla Do Ooh Bla Dah" shuts them up.

ChrisKH said:
Very possibly. I was a small boy when The Beatles were at their height. It's all I heard. Consequently I hate any Beatles or Beatles related song with a passion. Even as a six year old I considered a lot of it to be twangy puerile nonsense. Take "Yellow Submarine" for example. Children's party tune. Probably musically and lyrically they are the best thing since white sliced bread. But that's why I eat brown bread.

longers

Legendary Member
Maz said:
I think that Elvis Vs JXL is a great song! ;)

Bill Bailey on Never Mind The Buzzcocks next line game:

Song - "Come on baby, I'm tired of talking . . . .

Bill Bailey - "Grab your gauntlet, let's go hawking" :rolleyes:

I liked it, although you probably had to be there.

longers

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
However this guy cannot... Vanilla Ice - possibly the worst rapper ever? What is it about band names containing the word 'Vanilla'? Mind it is at least funny... almost so bad, it's good.

Very bad. I recently put it on a compilation CD to play in the workshop ;).

The name of the compilation? - "Something to annoy everybody"

simonali

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Eva Cassidy has done some fantastically haunting renditions. Died way before her time but was a beautiful singer. :rolleyes:

alecstilleyedye said:

Disagreed. F**king awful! ;) Thankfully, though, she died only leaving a small back catalogue.

My current pet hate is that crummy Nickelback song that's never off the radio. Or any of their other ones for that matter!

Renard

yello said:
Whilst I entirely agree, I shall enter the spirit of things and say....

Witney Houston, "I Will Always Love You"

...a dirge masquerading as soul music. About the only song that has me racing to the radio to switch it off!

Truely the worst! ;)

Abitrary

The *best song ever with the worst lyric ever* is the banasplits theme song.

'one banana, two banana, three banana four, four bananas make a bunch and so do many more'

To tell the truth, I can't even describe how I feel about the illogicallity of that phrase without getting a headache.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Surely you've all forgotten "I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me". Full of lines like "I've seen things that a woman is just not supposed to see." Like what exactly, a toilet seat not put down?

Wolf04

ianrauk said:
Chris, you are a man after my own heart. Remember we are seen as pariahs for not liking the Beatles. It's simply not on.

Of course Beatles fans can't or don't want to understand why we don't like them. Beatles Fascism I call it.

They usually come out with " You must like at least one of their songs", a reply of , "yeah, Yellow Submarine or Oo Bla Do Ooh Bla Dah" shuts them up.

I'm a big music fan and have all of the beatles albums, couldn't tell you the last time I played one though! Perhaps there's something to your theory. Also while by no means on my worst list Hey Jude always makes me cringe for some reason. OK I'm off to listen to Rubber Soul and make a decision.
Pete

Wolf04

No, Rubber Soul is still a great album.
One of my pet peeves is listening to the radio while getting ready to set off to work in the mornings and finding myself singing the last song I heard for the rest of the day. It's invariably a naff one. I've been told the French have a term for this which translates to "Earworm". The solution is apparently to sing the song out loud at the top of your voice. So if you are ever in Newcastle and spot a barking mad cyclist, that will be me, and if I'm singing that will be me with an earworm.
Pete
Edit:
After a quick google it appears to be German not French.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm
At least it wasn't just my imagination.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Wolf04 said:
No, Rubber Soul is still a great album.
One of my pet peeves is listening to the radio while getting ready to set off to work in the mornings and finding myself singing the last song I heard for the rest of the day. It's invariably a naff one. I've been told the French have a term for this which translates to "Earworm". The solution is apparently to sing the song out loud at the top of your voice. So if you are ever in Newcastle and spot a barking mad cyclist, that will be me, and if I'm singing that will be me with an earworm.
Pete
Edit:
After a quick google it appears to be German not French.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm
At least it wasn't just my imagination.
I went through a Beatles phase in my 20s, when I bought anything I could get on vinyl, cassette etc... (wasn't difficult!) I still love loads of their stuff, but these days don't listen often. My main gripe is there was always one (or two) dreadful track(s) per album, which (in the days of vinyl) made you get off your bed and move the needle. :biggrin:
Mind you, it's a long time since I actually had time to sit and listen to music, rather than just hearing it, which is what happens these days! I cycle through the Toon on occasion, I'll listen out for you.

Top Bottom