Worst Star Trek character

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Q
PIcard tries to reason with him, has recurring problems
Sisko just punches him

Weyoun
Simply a (cloned) sychophant

My pick: Deanna Troi, famed counsellor to the stars, never struck me as having any real empathic skills. I’m calling BS on her at long last.
The fact that there's a Counsellor, marks it down as a very 90s series

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Love TNG, but if we must, Lwaxana Troi and daughter are really not good. I have a liking for Riker, he's almost the opposite of JL Picard (still the all time best Captain). Slightly odd ending to the series, but the films were superb.
If you include the original, hated Shatner.
DS9 I never got on with, the odd Constable Odo was plain, though Dax always cheered me up (is that odd, she was a he..)
Enjoyed Voyager, Janeway was half decent, Tuvok was not for me. Most liked 7 of 9 for some reason. Nelix was fun.
Not got through Enterprise yet, and haven't started Discovery. The first couple of episodes of Picard have been OK, waiting for it to pick up...

Boopop

Guru
Watched Discovery season 1. Started season 2 and quickly realised I didn't have a clue what was going on. Too many alternate universes. I gave up

Gosh, it was only the Mirror Universe, something that's featured in all Star Trek shows except Voyager I think.

I guess my pick would probably be Harry Kim. There's just nothing to him, he's so dull. Dr Pulaski's a bit rubbish too, almost as if copying a character from a previous series (Bones) is a good idea. Hmm.

Watching DS9 currently after having watched Voyager. DS9's my favourite series anyway but rewatching it immediately after Voyager is confirming that for me.

EDIT:
DS9 I never got on with, the odd Constable Odo was plain, though Dax always cheered me up (is that odd, she was a he..)

What don't you like about Odo? I thought he was fine, playing the standard Trek role of "outside observing humanity", similar to Vulcans, Data, the Doctor, and so on. I love all the pairings in DS9 that work well together. Odo and Quark, Odo and Kira, Julian and O'Brien, Dax and Sisko. Plus I think it helps it doesn't have the "big reset button" like Voyager and TNG have. It has big over-arching storylines like modern Netflix TV shows. That's what I like about DS9. That and its more adult themes like the Cardassian occupation of Bajor, Section 31 and so on :smile:

Last edited:
Ahh. but which Captain though?

Scott Bakula, as Jonathon Archer was impressive, as he was the first Captain to travel so far out

Patrick Stewart could (probably) make a party political broadcast wholly watchable
Picard is maybe the consummate strategist/thinker

Havng Katherine Janeway was a good move, to show that women could take control

Ben Sisko...... one kick-ass captain, & intimidates Worf :eek:.............
From 00:15

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfpVBA5Ru4E

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
You can close the thread now
latest?cb=20050921033749&path-prefix=en.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Got to be Captain Kirk, all..... he needed............. to do ........ was leave random.................. spaces in a .................... sentence .. when ............ he ......... spoke.

EDIT I tried to leave blanks but the software just closed them up hence the dots :rolleyes:

ozboz

Guru
Whilst I the Star Trek journey ,,any one know any more of these ST jingles
Spock to Kirk
‘“There’s Klingons on the starboard bow starboard bow starboard bow, Klingons on the starboard bow .......
on the starboard bow !
Bones to Kirk
“its worse than that he’s dead Jim he’s dead Jim he’s dead Jim , worse than that he’s dead Jim worse than that he’s Dead !!!!
Scotty ! Beam me up !!
Edit. Found it

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Whilst I the Star Trek journey ,,any one know any more of these ST jingles
Spock to Kirk
‘“There’s Klingons on the starboard bow starboard bow starboard bow, Klingons on the starboard bow .......
on the starboard bow !
Bones to Kirk
“its worse than that he’s dead Jim he’s dead Jim he’s dead Jim , worse than that he’s dead Jim worse than that he’s Dead !!!!
Scotty ! Beam me up !!
Edit. Found it

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

First bit of 'sampling' I ever heard,

View: https://youtu.be/YXVWNYommJQ

Top Bottom