Would i qulafiey?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bensbikespares

Hi, im after a road bike, so i can go school on (about 20 miles max each day) (no i dont want a hybrid).

I was just wondering if i would qualafiey for a scheme (like cycle 2 work or somthing) like that

My budget is £400 Max Max

So if anyone can find of a scheme pass me on the info

Cheers

festival

Über Member
No you cant. You pay it back through your salary and conditions apply.
Look up the details on the web it plain enough.

If you mean you have £400 saved you will get a good entry level road bike, but make sure you get good advice.

Or another £100 gets the excellent giant defy 4

vickster

Legendary Member
C2W won't work for you as it is related to a tax benefit which obviously isn't relevant if you are at school and don't pay tax. You could get a parent to get you a bike on Interest free credit which some retailers offer and so pay the bike off over a year

Deacathlon do a reasonable looking road bike for £300

APK

If are taking to school it will get some abuse / knocks in the bike sheds so I would find
a good used bike.
£300 will get you something like a nearly new allez which will easily be up to the job leaving you money for mudguards etc
I don't suppose it is unknown for parents to get a bike on the scheme but not actually use it though!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
1438592 said:
I think we ought to clarify things here. When you say "get to school" is this as a pupil or as an employee of the school.

If the former, no because it is a salary sacrifice scheme and you don't have a salary. If the latter, maybe depending on whether or not your employers are signed up or not.

I would also add that if you are an english teacher, I hope your teaching is better than your spelling!!!! "qualify"

APK

I was thinking the same, judging by the grammar and spelling I hope this is a pupil!

............................but then we are not here to judge spelling and grammar are we?:whistle:

OP
OP
Bensbikespares

Bensbikespares

1438592 said:
I think we ought to clarify things here. When you say "get to school" is this as a pupil or as an employee of the school.

If the former, no because it is a salary sacrifice scheme and you don't have a salary. If the latter, maybe depending on whether or not your employers are signed up or not.

I will be going 6th form, im gonna look at my lbs later as i want my mtb looking at

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Are the spelling mistakes deliberate?
Hi, i always fix my bikes :laugh: :laugh:

Just was gonna order some "resivor screws" so i can get my front brake working (hydro)

Top Bottom