Would you bother reporting this cab driver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
:laugh: I feel another verse coming on..

Do you want to ride a road bike., la la lala laa

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
I fear you have misread my tone @vickster. I'm not up in arms - just disappointed I suppose that a driver would admit that they don't care about other road users.

It's a shared use path that has a zebra crossing where it crosses the road, for the record.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Where you at the zebra crossing, or on it? If the former then he was under no obligation to stop.

And no, I wouldn't report it, but neither would I have said anything to the driver in the first place.

pclay

Veteran
The Zebra, Pelican and Puffin Pedestrian Crossing Regulations and general Directions (1997) states that it is not illegal to cycle across a Zebra crossing if there is shared-use toeither side, which there is.

Yes but you have broken rule 64 of the Highway Code. This takes precedence and can be used to prosecute you in a court if there is an accident which is the cyclists fault.

I suggest you just dismount and walk across a zebra crossing in future.

And to answer your original question; I would not report it and I would not have said anything. Count to 10 and continue on your way.

pclay

Veteran
Is life so dull you gotta start online discussions about pedestrian crossings?

Yes, obviously. The zebra crossings et al. regulations are a riveting read.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Yes but you have broken rule 64 of the Highway Code. This takes precedence and can be used to prosecute you in a court if there is an accident which is the cyclists fault.

I suggest you just dismount and walk across a zebra crossing in future.

And to answer your original question; I would not report it and I would not have said anything. Count to 10 and continue on your way.

If the pavement is shared use, then he hasn't broken rule 64.

This isn't an issue for just cyclists, cars don't stop for pedestrians. Wouldn't get worried. There's a shared cycle/footpath on my route home which leads to a zebra crossing. I always stop until a motorist has been kind enough to stop and wave me across. Always give them a smile and a thumbs up, they appreciate it and another postivie experience for the driver with a cyclist.

They're more likely to give a shoot, everyone else gets to deal with my evil eyes as they pass.

Top Bottom