Would you buy this house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I would, but then I am desperate for a place to live.

I would probably feel uncomfortable with the knowledge that the bodies are there, but there is nothing wrong with them. They are dead after all.

N.B. I apologise if anyone gets upset by what I have put. It is not meant to offend. But people die, get over it.

You 100% certain about that part?
Death Alive.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There really IS a website for everything...need a UK version now...

http://www.diedinhouse.com/

RedRider

Pulling through
I would, but then I am desperate for a place to live.

Only suspicious people will say no. And people who dont like dead bodies (which is a bit surprising as you are almost always surrounded by them). I think the situation is just the same as some peoples opinions on blood. Some people dont like the sight of it, but they actually have it in and around them all the time. With death, it is always present.
What you say I so true but I can't help reading it in it in the voice of Norman Bates.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was brought up in a house 20ft away from a graveyard. The house in the cemetery which was lived in by the warden and his family is said to be haunted by the ghost of a young lad who shot himself in the house when the warden's girlfriend told him their relationship was over. Maybe we should take a light hearted approach to the dead like they do in Indonesia,instead of fearing them. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2193132/Mummies-dug-change-wardrobe.html

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just think, you could dig them up and teach yourself a bit more about human anatomy, before trying your hand (pardon the pun) at Plastinating them, thereby preserving them in their then current state before burying them again, and then 'forget' to tell the next owners so that they get the fright of their lives when they do a bit of weeding... :whistle:

The bodies arent in the house, so there is nothing really to fear.

Although, just imagine getting up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water or whatever and you see intruders in your back garden. Do you call the Police or get the shovel out and despatch 'The Skellingtons' back to their graves, making sure they actually ARE dead this time??

Actually, I guess you WOULD have to report Zombies to the Police, wouldn't you?? I would suggest reporting them to the local council, but seeing as half of them seem to be dead anyway I doubt anyone would really notice!! :laugh:

We found a kids tricycle in the garden when we first developed it, so maybe a young kid died in our back garden.

Or maybe the parents just disposed of it!

...... Was the chain slack??

Last edited:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I remember sitting in the kitchen of my in laws house in the north of the Philippines and looking over at a cardboard box all done up with twine, after a while i asked what's in the box, the answer was not one i expected "Grandma" was the answer.
In the past in the northern it was very tribal and when relatives died they would tie the bones around the base of the roof of their nipa hut (house up on stilts with a thatched roof)and the spirits would ward off evil spirits and other tribes.
The modern version is to put the bones in the house to do the same.

Here i am (with the wife) in traditional dress (sort of) at a nipa hut in Banaue
First time (4).JPG

RedRider

Pulling through
It's so interesting finding out who would bother (and pay) to dig them up and who would leave them be! I don't understand the scary idea.

I'd leave them be.

Even tho my reason says they turn to soil and that's it, there's an instinct (?) to respect the dead and their last wishes.

The passage of time makes a difference though and turns sacred sites into archaeological ones. The other night I was watching a TV programme about a splendid Roman grave found in Spitalfields. The bones of the woman now reside in the Museum of London and people speculate about her living involvement in a Bacchanalian mystery cult. Few worry about the office block built above her penultimate resting place. It's unavoidable in a place so densely populated and commercially viable.

One of my favourite things about London is the centuries of researchable history in every nook and cranny.I love thinking about the layers of history and longing in an old house or land or townscape. Some wallpaper ten layers back, the name of a street or a bump in a field.

Top Bottom