Would you dare to cycle with these lights lol.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
looking at all the jargon on the packaging they give around 40 hours of battery life. I could well imagine just from looking at the the YouTube clips they would give you some amazing side on visibility. If you can over come the embarrassing look if offers, I'm sure it could only increase your visual safety on our dangerous dark winter roads :-)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Saw a commuter/utility rider the other night with only these as his to-be-seen-with-lights. There were not very effective as I only saw his lights as I overtook him.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Saw a commuter/utility rider the other night with only these as his to-be-seen-with-lights. There were not very effective as I only saw his lights as I overtook him.
It's always good to know what there like in the real world buddy.YouTube adverts like any any other can always paint a rosier picture :-)

Nomadski

I Like Bikes

I saw someone on a dark lane in south manchester a week ago and saw him from a very long distance away. Though they seemed to be lit up most of the way down the spoke rather than just on the edge.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
There's all sorts of fun you can have with lights all down the spokes
for example: https://www.tvc-mall.com/details/co...le-wheel-light-lamp-eu-plug-sku85000174a.html
85000174A-1.jpg

or monkeylectric http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7247550

I've even seen video of ones that acted as a speedo, showing your current speed in big letters on the wheel.

ORrecumbent1

If one was doing any regular low light riding, I definitely see the need for high visibility. Just not with those!:laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't think teenagers on bikes - notice that I didn't write "cyclists" - would not want anything that drew attention to them. The idea seems to be to cruise around the streets on an unlit bike dressed in black and swerving in front of drivers with an air of insouciance knowing they won't dare hit you

Top Bottom