Would you ever leave your bike overnight at a busy station?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2clepto

id have no problem leaving my giant defy advanced there but no way would i risk my raleigh pursuit. id obviously remove the lights and mini pump.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes for my 'pub bike' no for anything decent.

Do you mean to say you don't take your best bike down the pub to show it off?:ohmy:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
no.
i occasionally leave my commuter overnight, but that's in a pass-controlled cctv monitored shed out of public view. i still take/lock anything that could be easily lifted though, so d-lock with extra cables for front wheel and saddle are also deployed…

RichardB

Slightly retro
I find it hard to leave my bike anywhere out of sight. I probably have severe attachment issues. I could use my 1990s MTB, which is technically worth buttons, but as Vickster says up there ^^^, it's not the market value, it's how you would replace it if it got taken.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Another vote for no here. My bike is only ever out of my sight when I am at work or asleep... ^_^

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Nope.
I get a sense of relief seeing my bike still locked up at the end of the working day, when it is behind controlled access gates at work..

RichardB

Slightly retro
Nope.
I get a sense of relief seeing my bike still locked up at the end of the working day, when it is behind controlled access gates at work..
At work, mine is in a corridor behind an electronic door lock, with extremely limited access (security and IT staff only) and the facility to run a report (name, date, time) on all attempts to open the door. In a building with similar locks front and back which houses our secure cash office. On a site in the middle of nowhere. And STILL I have a little moment when I see the bike is where I left it.

Top Bottom