Would you pay it???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just had an email through from Bike Radar looking at Pogacar’s new colnago V4RS…..its costing €15,260

Would you pay that for a bike???

Jameshow

Veteran
Nope but if your needing a beneficiary then sign me up!!

Big John

Guru
No, if only I had the money and even then I wouldn't. However, joking apart, I did visit a shop in Ambleside in the Lake District - Push Cartel. Prices start at the price of Pogacars bike and until you've seen one of these bikes don't knock 'em, as they say. They are beautiful machines with everything on the bike geared up for being friction free. Ceramic bearings on everything. The wheels could be spun by hand today and wouldn't stop rotating until early in the new year. Yes, I'd love to try one just to see how it felt. Would I want one? I'm not sure but imagine being able to go THAT much quicker on the bike without using more power. Sounds good, eh? We're not just talking moving up to Dura Ace or Campag Record were talking about going up a level or two higher. You can't blame old Pogacar for not wanting the best, eh? Wasted on us mortals but in their hands a lean, mean racing machine.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If I were a top pro rider and I were being given the bike to ride, then I would certainly ride it! :laugh:

Even if I were well off - no, I wouldn't buy one. I don't need a bike as expensive as that. I might spend, say, £/€ 3,000 max. There are plenty of desperate people round the world who need that money more than I need a posh bike.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
For that bike? No.
But if I was building my dream bike and it came to those dizzying financial heights AND if I could afford it, sure.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looking at the details of the bike - https://road.cc/content/tech-news/colnago-officially-unveils-v4rs-road-bike-297971 - it's following an integrated aero trend. Internal cables throughout, which are a pain to fit, with proprietary systems.

The one thing these aero race bikes all have is a weight issue; none are truly lightweight. This doesn't appear to change that. Son no. 2's Ridley Noah Fast is pretty much the same and despite all our efforts (components/wheels/other bits changed) it's only down to 7.3kg.

They're great on the flat and once they're moving above 20mph, but uphill can still be a bit of a drag.

Jameshow

Veteran
Looking at the details of the bike - https://road.cc/content/tech-news/colnago-officially-unveils-v4rs-road-bike-297971 - it's following an integrated aero trend. Internal cables throughout, which are a pain to fit, with proprietary systems.

The one thing these aero race bikes all have is a weight issue; none are truly lightweight. This doesn't appear to change that. Son no. 2's Ridley Noah Fast is pretty much the same and despite all our efforts (components/wheels/other bits changed) it's only down to 7.3kg.

They're great on the flat and once they're moving above 20mph, but uphill can still be a bit of a drag.

How does he like the Noah fast?

Always liked them and Paul Milnes is only down the road!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@Jameshow - it's a decent bit of kit and is great for flat races and rides. However he prefers either his BeOne Raw from 2013 or Cervelo S3 for anything hilly. It's as low as he can get it using their spacers and rolls on a pair of bespoke Zed wheels. This is a Small size in the 2020/21 JRC Shutt Ridley colour scheme.

Ridley_Noah_Fast.JPG

Note that this set-up would cost approx. £7.5-8k in today's prices so half that of the Colnago at retail, although he was a sponsored rider.

Depending upon your size there's one of the rim-brake Medium's on eBay for £2k from an ex-rider that hasn't had much use.

I'd suggest you pop into Paul Milnes and give one a try :okay: . Alternatively if you fit the small size send me a PM to test this one - noting that his is set specifically very low for racing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom