Would you pay someone to clean your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, why not if they do a good job, charge reasonably and are near me.
They would need to be able to identify major repairs needed.
I would certainly use the service when the weather is too bad to do the job myself outside, or if I was living in a flat.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, the Butler does it for me every morning.
Would that be Claud?

Maybe if they caught me at the end of a cold and awful ride.

Today was bad. Drizzle all day long and it got heavier at the end. The forecasting was 20% !

Bike filthy and I was toying with getting the summer bike out after the glorious weather yesterday.

Big John

Guru
Providing it was the scouts 'bob-a-job' week then yes. 'Detailing' has been mentioned.....I never came across detailing until I started work at the bike charity I volunteer at. We use cans and cans of the stuff and it never fails to shock me. The end result is usually excellent and makes the crappy looking bikes look almost presentable.

Gillstay

Über Member
Like washing cars its good exercise, so only do it when it encourages a youngster to do it well. Even though I sometimes end up helping which defeats the exercise a bit.

BurningLegs

Veteran
When my bike comes back from the mechanic, its spotless condition is one of my favourite things about the service. It even smells good!

Yes I’d pay for a full and thorough clean. I effectively do when the bike is serviced, and love the result.

freiston

Veteran
A "no" from me. Apart from it not making financial sense for me, bike cleaning is something that I tend to approach piecemeal as and when it is required and I don't schedule it as a regular task/job. It's also (partly) how I keep an eye on the state of the bike and what maintenance/repairs need doing (the two go hand in hand).

I don't know what "detailing" is. I'm presuming the "wrap" referred to up-thread is covering with helicopter tape.

ukbabz

Veteran
I've done it at the London Revolution 2 day sportive, where they cleaned up the bike at the end of the day. It was more like a car wash than a hand detailing though.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
A "no" from me. Apart from it not making financial sense for me, bike cleaning is something that I tend to approach piecemeal as and when it is required and I don't schedule it as a regular task/job. It's also (partly) how I keep an eye on the state of the bike and what maintenance/repairs need doing (the two go hand in hand).

I don't know what "detailing" is. I'm presuming the "wrap" referred to up-thread is covering with helicopter tape.

Detailing is the art of cleaning, beautifying, enhancing and protecting your cars (Interior, exterior and everywhere inbetween). To the enth degree by many.

The time, skill, money spent along with unwavering attention to detail some enthusiasts have is mind blowing.

Not JUST about having a fab looking clean / protected car / motorcycle, push-bike in my eyes though [Im an avid Detailer]. It’s about solitude, improving on something, time spent outside in fresh air, a sense of achievement etc etc

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forums/

Top Bottom