Would you pay someone to clean your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Detailing for cars is a thing now so why not for bikes?
I know most on here probably wouldn't be interested but maybe there a certain type of owner who would pay for his bike to be brought up to pristine condition. I hesitate to mention the ' all the gear but no idea' brigade but you know who I mean.
Could this even a business opportunity for some entrepreneur?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
No.

Have a look at a bloke called bikespeeds on YouTube. He regularly washes bikes as part of the filmed services and details them sometimes. Usually 1 film every Tuesday and I find them so satisfying to watch.

On a personal note, would I pay… nope.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Maybe?

Was chatting with a colleague a couple of weeks ago. He does some cycling, I follow him on Strava, but he hasn't really posted/ done much cycling in the last year or two.

He's just bought a new MTB and was telling me he is going to kick start his cycling again and get back into 'it'(?)

I pointed out he hasn't posted any Strava rides for ages and he optimistically said that as soon as his new bike comes back from being wrapped he will be riding plenty.....

Honestly, if new/none riders can be concerned enough to get a bike wrapped then maybe there is a market for bike detailing? It's a crazy mixed up world!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Have a look at a bloke called bikespeeds on YouTube. He regularly washes bikes as part of the filmed services and details them sometimes. Usually 1 film every Tuesday and I find them so satisfying to watch.

On a personal note, would I pay… nope.

On a side note I found ‘him’ and enjoyed the vids too. Then realised he’s 5 mins from me…..

Took one of my bikes in to have some work done by him. Poor workmanship and even worse: zero after sales (Basically gave a full refund immediately when I even started to question what he’d done as I could notice no difference - and wasn’t interested at all in trying to rectifying the issue, discuss or anything else). As bad as I’ve come across in 51 years on this planet…..

Appearances can be deceptive !

Slick

Guru
I might.

I do sometimes enjoy the cathartic experience of cleaning my bikes, but I much prefer just riding them.

If it was local to me, and they made them look like knew (without power washing the thing......obvs) then why not.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's a bit of a chore, so maybe. But just for cleaning I'd be unlikely to pay much.

I do often get my LBS to do boring PITA jobs like changing cables or BBs. And if they offered an extra service to clean and polish I might go for it.

Top Bottom