Would you queue for McDonalds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Baffles me ... we had Friday night default dinner for me, Julie and the 4 children ... Oven Potato Wedges, Chicken Goujon, Fresh Salad .....
Or " The Colonel's Chicken Salad Box Meal for 6" .... only ours was a quarter of the price ... with 0 queue ...:laugh:

They where a few years ago. Well passed there sell by date now.:okay:
A woman's body does not have a "best before/use by date"
Mike

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There is currently a queue of around 40 cars at a nearby KFC drive-thru, with a wait of up to an hour to be served the colonel's special recipe according to a local FB page.

You pays your money, etc, etc...
Same here and I don’t understand why when Morley’s are just the same as KFC but with no queue.

byegad

Legendary Member
My ex-wife and her other half used to take my Boys to the great triumvirate of McD, KFC and Pizza Hut. When they were with us and out for the day they'd pester us to go to one of the three. One day while out with them we went into a Bistro, which was part of a large hotel. At the end of the meal, which they thoroughly enjoyed, my elder son looked at the bill. I'll never forget what he said..... 'That was so much better than McD's, we got more and look, it was less than we paid at Mc Donald's last time mam took us.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Baffles me ... we had Friday night default dinner for me, Julie and the 4 children ... Oven Potato Wedges, Chicken Goujon, Fresh Salad .....
Or " The Colonel's Chicken Salad Box Meal for 6" .... only ours was a quarter of the price ... with 0 queue ...:laugh:
Probably the same mentality that kids have when they beg you for a Chocolate bar from a vending machine when you can get it for a third of the price from a supermarket.

Gunk

Guru
Probably the same mentality that kids have when they beg you for a Chocolate bar from a vending machine when you can get it for a third of the price from a supermarket.

Or paying a fiver a pint and sitting in a noisy overcrowded pub garden listening to load of yobs swearing when you could sit in your garden at home drinking a very pleasant glass of Hobgoblin which cost £1.25 from Aldi.

Slick

Guru
Or paying a fiver a pint and sitting in a noisy overcrowded pub garden listening to load of yobs swearing when you could sit in your garden at home drinking a very pleasant glass of Hobgoblin which cost £1.25 from Aldi.
How much would you pay right now for a safe pint in the pub?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I poured it a bit too quickly.

Slick

Guru
Sitting in a sunny quiet pub garden overlooking the Thames, probably a tenner!
I'm not really a great one for the pubs but I do enjoy the odd visit from time to time. Someone sent me a funny picture of your first drink after lockdown and it was a guy wrestling with a huge pint like glass and ever since I've been really looking forward to getting that first drink. I think I'd probably pay a bit more if I'm honest.
I don't want a "safe" pint in the pub .... i want a pint in the pub ... who are these people that lead "safe" lives .... i've never met one ...
Funny thing, I went back and added the word "safe" to make sure I got a straight answer instead of the usual pedantry. :okay:

Top Bottom