Would you queue for McDonalds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Sitting in a sunny quiet pub garden overlooking the Thames, probably a tenner!
As long as nobody had a tracksuit or baseball cap on I'd call that money well spent.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I don't want a "safe" pint in the pub .... i want a pint in the pub ... who are these people that lead "safe" lives .... i've never met one ...
I think bottled beer will be the 'safe' bet for the first week so that you don't get palmed off with the slop that has been sitting in a barrel or the lines for the past few months.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I think bottled beer will be the 'safe' bet for the first week so that you don't get palmed off with the slop that has been sitting in a barrel or the lines for the past few months.
The real ale barrels would of gone off weeks ago and been put down the drains.
Maybe some Lagers might of kept a bit better, but would be coming up to their limit now.

JPBoothy

Veteran
The real ale barrels would of gone off weeks ago and been put down the drains.
Maybe some Lagers might of kept a bit better, but would be coming up to their limit now.
In my youth I worked behind a bar and would regularly clean the lines and circulate the stock of barrels in the cellar to ensure nothing went out of date or tasted bad but, I have been in many pubs who don't give a toss, especially those more likely to have mainly passing trade than regulars.

Slick

Guru
In my youth I worked behind a bar and would regularly clean the lines and circulate the stock of barrels in the cellar to ensure nothing went out of date or tasted bad but, I have been in many pubs who don't give a toss, especially those more likely to have mainly passing trade than regulars.
Obviously I can't speak for all but locals here have been collecting in their own pots scince the lockdown began so unlikely any went off round here.

keithmac

Guru
Or paying a fiver a pint and sitting in a noisy overcrowded pub garden listening to load of yobs swearing when you could sit in your garden at home drinking a very pleasant glass of Hobgoblin which cost £1.25 from Aldi.

I'm not really a Pub or "people person" anymore, garden every time for me!.

BBQ on the go is an added bonus..

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just one would be sufficient, but I'd quite happily pay a tenner to repeat this at the moment
Maybush.jpg

Top Bottom