Would You Survive a Nuclear Bomb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I think I'd be one of the "lucky" ones who'd know very little about it.
I live about a mile as the crow flies from what was a major ordnance factory, which then became a tank factory - and although it closed a few years ago I'm guessing the coordinates are still programmed into some aging Russian missle targeting system...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I've watched the film & the bit with, if you're riding a bike - I suspect I might be safe :smile:

postman

Legendary Member
That doesn't bear thinking about. If an A bomb went off over Fishguard there could be as much as a fivers worth of damage.

Oh terrible.What about the locals breeding afterwards.After all that fallout.What would they look like.There again would anyone know the difference.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I think the question should be “would you want to survive after the bomb” the aftermath would be horrendous

Yebbut, it would still be interesting to see the damage as you died a slow (or quick), hideous death, AND, if you had the means, you could always go and die where you wanted (the more amusing, the better for when you are finally found! :laugh:) :whistle:

Last edited:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I live just a few miles from GCHQ, so no point even thinking about surviving a nuclear strike. But I'm pretty sure my Ridgeback would survive it.

U

User33236

I think I'd be one of the "lucky" ones who'd know very little about it.
I live about a mile as the crow flies from what was a major ordnance factory, which then became a tank factory - and although it closed a few years ago I'm guessing the coordinates are still programmed into some aging Russian missle targeting system...
I used to be able to see the entrance to Gare Loch, where Faslane sits, from my living room window so no doubt would have been a first strike victim.

Unfortunately where I live now I'm a litte outside the immediate area from what woud likely be the nearest target. The aftermath of a nuclear attack is not something I'd choose to live through.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Remember the good old days of the 80s when we were literally 3 minutes away from it at any one time?

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom