Would You Survive a Nuclear Bomb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have an absolute blast.
World Domination Centre going to survive?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I saw that old documentary the BBC did on the nuclear bomb that hit Sheffield when I was a kid. I've learned what mistakes they made, so I'll be okay. I'm going to follow that Protect And Survive leaflet to the letter.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nah, with Paradise. No traffic and great scenery, motorists are used to sitting behind tractors so they don't get too het up if they have to wait behind a bike.

And just a short trip across to Ireland, God's own country.

Ireland is the only place I have had someone be openly racist towards me in Dublin (Ironically on a trip where I got the ferry from Fishguard to Roslare before getting the train up.... After I had got the train to Fishguard along from Cardiff purely to see the line), so, no, you can keep it, I don't care if they do make Guinness there!

I used to be able to see the entrance to Gare Loch, where Faslane sits, from my living room window so no doubt would have been a first strike victim.

Unfortunately where I live now I'm a litte outside the immediate area from what woud likely be the nearest target. The aftermath of a nuclear attack is not something I'd choose to live through.

I live in Balloch, and before that, Dumbarton, so I will probably be toast.

Remember the good old days of the 80s when we were literally 3 minutes away from it at any one time?

I thought it was 4 minutes?

A single bomb, yes, certainly. Maybe not global thermonuclear war. Many of the survivors of Nagasaki and Hiroshima went on to lead productive and happy lives, like the poor son of a bitch who was in both bombings.

What, is that what he was actually called?? Mr 'The Poor Son Of A Bitch Who Was In Both Bombings'? :giggle:

Sorry, couldn't resist

I've only been to Blackpool once, on a very cold New Years day, with the tide out so far we had to take it on trust there was a sea.

I'm not sure a few megatons would make that much of a difference.

Wiping it off the map would help enormously in fact.

Little known fact....

Nagasaki was not the target of the second bomb, this as just "bad luck" due to weather!

It was originally the city of Kokura

The attack was brought forward due to a weather front approaching, but on the day, weather over Kokura was poor, so the strike was diverted to Nagasaki

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm bugging out

BugOutBikeIdea.jpg

Top Bottom